- Hold a Bachelors or Masters degree with a major in Finance or similar
- Equity derivatives product knowledge (vanilla and exotic, payoff understanding, life cycle events)
- Strong and sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Accuracy, swiftness, ability to work under pressure in trading environment
- Being able to work and tackle challenges as a team
- Excellent communication skills (both written and spoken); required to work with various internal partners (Traders, Engineers, Sales, Other Middle Offices, Product Control teams, Back Offices, IT) in different regions (Asia, Europe, America)
- Fluent English is mandatory
This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
- Client - Client focus: I put long term relationship with our clients at the center of my actions, whatever my position
- Team Spirit - Synergies: I make cooperation with colleagues in and outside my team a priority
- Team Spirit - Collective mindset: I favour the team’s interest over my own results
- Innovation - Simplification: I make things & ideas simple
- Innovation - Thinking out of the box/Creativity: I propose new ideas and solutions
- Responsibility - Performance: I strive for high performance
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
Within the Trade Support Unit team of the IT & Operations Department, our mission is to ensure all new trades and life cycle events are correctly reflected in the relevant information systems / database:
- for Front Office (FO) to have a clear and accurate view of their positions and risks,
- for Operations to ensure smooth settlement for all trades,
- for Finance to compute economic and accounting PnL in due time.
As the first link in the Operations chain, Trade Support is also the first level of control for the business.