- Hold a relevant Bachelors or Masters degree in Finance, Economics, Engineering or similar
- Previous experience in a trading floor environment is a plus
- Technology friendly: coding skills (VBA, Python) and automation driven mindset
- Proven analytical, computer and interpersonal skills as well as exceptional writing, communication and presentations skills
- Strong team players who can demonstrate creativity and initiative
- Strong interest in financial markets and understanding complex products
- Fluent English is mandatory, Mandarin is a plus
This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
ASIA-PACIFIC (ASIA), as one of the Business Units of Societe Generale, operates in 12 locations across the Asia Pacific region, employing over 2,500 employees with the regional headquarter located in Hong Kong. Our activities here are centered on Societe Generale's Global Banking & Investor Solutions pole (GBIS), a major growth engine for the Group and a key pillar of Societe Generale's universal banking model. Our expertise in Asia Pacific ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Global Transaction Banking and specialised financial services like Equipment & Vendor Finance and Vehicle Leasing & Fleet Management. In addition, Societe Generale's Global Solution Centre (SGGSC) in Bangalore and Chennai offers customised business solutions to the Societe Generale Group globally including ASIA.
Financial Engineering and Structuring Team is in charge of product development, pricing and marketing of structured products. The Trainee will cover all fixed-income derivatives products and the following asset-class:
- Foreign exchange