- Hold a relevant Bachelors or Masters degree in Finance, Accounting or similar
- Proficient in MS Office, including Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge in VBA is a plus
- Good communication, presentation and report writing skills
- Strong team spirit and self-motivated
- Fluent English is mandatory
This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
- Responsibility - Performance: I strive for high performance
- Commitment - Sustainability: I strive to develop my skills and knowledge
- Client - Client focus: I put long term relationship with our clients at the center of my actions, whatever my position
- Team Spirit - Synergies: I make cooperation with colleagues in and outside my team a priority
- Innovation - Simplification: I make things & ideas simple
- Responsibility - Accountability: I make decisions in my scope of responsibilities
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
ASIA-PACIFIC (ASIA), as one of the Business Units of Societe Generale, operates in 12 locations across the Asia Pacific region, employing over 2,500 employees with the regional headquarter located in Hong Kong. Our activities here are centered on Societe Generale's Global Banking & Investor Solutions Businesses (GBIS), a major growth engine for the Group and a key pillar of Societe Generale's universal banking model. Our expertise in Asia Pacific ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Global Markets, Financing and Advisory) to Asset Management, Global Transaction Banking and specialised financial services. In addition, Societe Generale's Global Solution Centre (SGGSC) in Bangalore offers customised business solutions to the Societe Generale Group globally including ASIA.
The main role of the Finance department is the supervision of the accounting, controlling function and performing required analysis impacting the financial performance and financial risks of our Activities in Asia.