• Hold a Bachelors or Masters degree in Financial Engineering, IT, Economics or similar
• An emphasis on product development and marketing of investment products and/or structuring of capital markets transactions appreciated
• Strong Financial and Mathematic skills are required
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Creative thinking / idea generating mindset
• Ability to manage complex processes dealing with multiple internal and external resources
• Very good knowledge of VBA (or other programming languages) and Microsoft Office (Excel, Powerpoint, Word). Python is a plus
• Good communication skills necessary to interact with Sales and Engineers on the floor
• Previous experience within financial services is a plus
• Fluency in Mandarin Chinese or other Asian languages (Korean and Japanese) in written and oral is a plus
• Fluency in English
This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
ASIA-PACIFIC (ASIA), as one of the Business Units of Societe Generale, operates in 12 locations across the Asia Pacific region, employing over 2,500 employees with the regional headquarter located in Hong Kong. Our activities here are centered on Societe Generale's Global Banking & Investor Solutions pole (GBIS), a major growth engine for the Group and a key pillar of Societe Generale's universal banking model. Our expertise in Asia Pacific ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Global Transaction Banking and specialised financial services like Equipment & Vendor Finance and Vehicle Leasing & Fleet Management. In addition, Societe Generale's Global Solution Centre (SGGSC) in Bangalore and Chennai offers customised business solutions to the Societe Generale Group globally including ASIA.
The Global Markets marketing department in Asia Pacific ensures the implementation of the marketing strategy for different market activities of the platform and the delivery of marketing material for commercial activities, both for internal and external use. This position is at the crossroads of many different services: sales, financial engineering, research, legal, compliance and communication teams.