• Hold a Bachelor or Master degree in Financial Engineering, IT, Economics or similar
• An emphasis on product development and marketing of investment products and/or structuring of capital markets transactions appreciated
• Strong financial and mathematic skills are required
• Accuracy and attention to details
• Creative thinking / idea generating mindset
• Ability to manage complex processes dealing with multiple internal and external resources
• Very good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Powerpoint, Word)
• Knowledge of VBA & Python (or other programming languages) appreciated
• Good communication skills necessary to interact with all internal & external stakeholders
• Previous experience within financial services is a plus
• Fluency in English and Mandarin (traditional and simplified) is required
This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 133,000 employees based in 61 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
ASIA-PACIFIC (ASIA), as one of the Business Units of Societe Generale, operates in 12 locations across the Asia Pacific region, employing over 2,500 employees with the regional headquarter located in Hong Kong. Our activities here are centered on Societe Generale's Global Banking & Investor Solutions pole (GBIS), a major growth engine for the Group and a key pillar of Societe Generale's universal banking model. Our expertise in Asia Pacific ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Global Transaction Banking and specialised financial services like Equipment & Vendor Finance and Vehicle Leasing & Fleet Management. In addition, Societe Generale's Global Solution Centre (SGGSC) in Bangalore and Chennai offers customised business solutions to the Societe Generale Group globally including ASIA.
SG CIB is a leading player in Derivatives and provides global services in this domain. The bank launches a significant part of the structured products sold in Europe, in the United States and in Asia.
At the heart of the trading floor, this trainee position will be part of the Global Markets Marketing team. The marketer will support and partner with the Asian salesforce by creating product marketing materials, providing market intelligence and organizing client events. This position is at the crossroads of many different services in Asia e.g. sales, structuring, trading, COO, communication, compliance, legal, etc. It also includes regular cooperation with marketing, sales and structuring teams in other regions.