- Graduate degree in finance, business administration, economics or computer science
- Client facing skills – ability to speak to the clients on regular basis and provide accurate and efficient information
- Familiarity with local AML/KYC regulatory and compliance issues
- Analytical skills and the ability to work autonomously
- Ability to work under pressure and handle difficult conversations
- Ability to prioritize and work within tight and changeable timeframes
- Ability to challenge the Business Lines in cases where the onboarding capacity cannot handle the current pipeline, able to identify the high priority cases vs the standard ones
- Ability to build and cultivate good working relationships with Business Lines and Clients
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, sense of service, and flexibility are essential requirements
- Transversal knowledge of the services and products of the corporate and investment banking sector. Specific knowledge of SG group is an advantage
- Eagerness to learn and to keep abreast of AML/KYC latest issues and requirements
- Fluent in written and spoken in English. Chinese and Japanese language skills are a plus
This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Based on a universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth, putting its resources to work to finance the economy and its clients’ projects.
With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong – a core hub of the worldwide Societe Generale Group – we employ over 10,000 employees in the region. Our expertise here ranges from corporate and investment banking to asset management, securities services, global transaction banking and specialised financial services.
The Client Lifecycle Intelligence and Digital (‘CLD’) department is the cross-business client management division of Global Banking and Investor Solutions (‘GBIS’). As part of the GBIS COO Service Unit, the GBS Cross Border Client Management Group is globally in charge of the client experience across the GBIS activities. The department is particularly in charge of:
• (KYC) KYC due diligence for both on-boarding and periodic reviews
• (RRD) Management of client reference & regulatory data
• (COO) Project management
The specific role is the KYC Existing Client Management Case Lead, reporting directly to the Head of KYC Existing Client Management Outreach
The Case Lead/Client Outreach Team is the interface between clients and internal key stakeholders. As a dedicated point of contact, the team is responsible for the maintenance of our existing clients by identifying KYC requirements and collecting all required documents. The team is also the main point of contact for KYC related matters for our different business lines in the region. Responsibilities include supporting the business lines, managing their priorities and providing transparency of the process. The team provides advisory services internally and externally and should be well versed in the latest KYC and regulatory requirements and how they are applied within our organization.