- Provide support in maintaining the excel macros, automated scripts and IT tools to monitor and analyse market data, to assist in sales and marketing of listed products
- Support the daily new product issuance process and regulatory reporting operations
- Collaborate with IT developers on projects related to market data and process improvements
- Assist in the creation of sales and marketing materials for listed products (e.g. derivative warrants, callable bull/bear contracts (CBBCs)) for distribution to retail investors
- Contribute to content origination on the product website and generate innovative marketing ideas for the business
- Assist in responding to investors’ enquiries related to listed products
- Hold a relevant Bachelors or Masters degree in Finance, Business, Computer Science or similar
- Fresh graduates or candidates with less than one year’s working experience after graduation
- Possess solid experience in Microsoft Office and VBA
- Familiarity with Python and MS Power BI will be considered an advantage
- Demonstrated experience in working with data and producing business insights
- Possess a good understanding of digital marketing and the use of social media
- Attentive to details with a strong focus on accuracy
- Driven, responsible, and able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills, with an excellent command in written and spoken English and Cantonese
- Passion for financial markets and keen to stay up-to-date with industry trend and developments
- Fluent English and Cantonese are mandatory
This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 133,000 employees based in 61 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
ASIA-PACIFIC (ASIA), as one of the Business Units of Societe Generale, operates in 12 locations across the Asia Pacific region, employing over 2,500 employees with the regional headquarter located in Hong Kong. Our activities here are centered on Societe Generale's Global Banking & Investor Solutions pole (GBIS), a major growth engine for the Group and a key pillar of Societe Generale's universal banking model. Our expertise in Asia Pacific ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Global Transaction Banking and specialised financial services like Equipment & Vendor Finance and Vehicle Leasing & Fleet Management. In addition, Societe Generale's Global Solution Centre (SGGSC) in Bangalore and Chennai offers customised business solutions to the Societe Generale Group globally including ASIA.
The listed distribution team is renowned as a leading issuer is Asia’s structured products market. As a member of this team, you will contribute to the sales and marketing efforts for our listed products to retail investors in Hong Kong. In this position, you will provide support to various business areas, including product issuance, marketing, IT tools development, and data analysis. Your close collaboration with sales and traders on the trading floor will ensure seamless execution of our strategies.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.