- Hold a Bachelors or Masters degree with a major in Finance, Engineering or similar
- Understanding of capital market, and in particular the strategies and products traded
- Strong Excel skills, candidate with good programming skills (e.g. VBA) is preferred
- Pro-active, swift, analytical, rigorous, tenacity
- Good team player, able to multi task and work under pressure
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Fluent English is mandatory
This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Based on a universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth, putting its resources to work to finance the economy and its clients’ projects.
With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong – a core hub of the worldwide Societe Generale Group – we employ over 9,000 employees in the region. Our expertise here ranges from corporate and investment banking to asset management, securities services, global transaction banking and specialised financial services.
Within the Risk Division, the Operational Risk Second Line of Defense is to provide independent, objective and leading operational risk management challenge and oversight services to assist the firm in maintaining an effective system of operational risk management. You will be responsible of the production, analysis, comments and diffusion of the official economic P&L metrics. An important aspect as a Trainee would be to demonstrate the ability and willingness to learn, and rapidly adapt to become fully functional in a short period of time.