• Hold a relevant Bachelor or Masters degree in Finance, Economics, Engineering or similar
• Strong quantitative orientation and analytical skills
• Good knowledge of Derivatives and Equity products, risk analysis and models (VaR, Stress test) and valuation models of financial products
• Proficiency in Python. Strong Excel skills
• Knowledge in Excel, Access, strong SQL skills
• Highly motivated and fast learning individual
• First experience in Market Risk or trading will be appreciated
• Fluent English is mandatory
This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
ASIA-PACIFIC (ASIA), as one of the Business Units of Societe Generale, operates in 12 locations across the Asia Pacific region, employing over 2,500 employees with the regional headquarter located in Hong Kong. Our activities here are centered on Societe Generale's Global Banking & Investor Solutions pole (GBIS), a major growth engine for the Group and a key pillar of Societe Generale's universal banking model. Our expertise in Asia Pacific ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Global Transaction Banking and specialised financial services like Equipment & Vendor Finance and Vehicle Leasing & Fleet Management. In addition, Societe Generale's Global Solution Centre (SGGSC) in Bangalore and Chennai offers customised business solutions to the Societe Generale Group globally including ASIA.
You will be part of the Risk department which monitors and manages, directly and independently to the Direction of the Group, the risk exposures. Within this department, you will join the team in charge of the Market Risk management and will be more specifically attached to the team in charge of framework, deal flow and methodology.