- Currently studying in Bachelor or Master degree in Economics, Finance, Risk, Engineering or similar
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner and translate the concepts to visualized presentation in PowerPoint is a must
- Outstanding verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills is a must
- Familiar with Office PowerPoint, Word, Excel. VBA, Power BI and Python skills is a plus
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to details an accuracy
- Demonstrate the capacity to work in a team environment, on collective success
- Display responsibility and act ethically
- Ability to confidently work with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to multi-task and work independently to deliver by agreed-upon deadline
- Fluent English is mandatory; exposure to a second language (e.g. French, Mandarin) is a plus
This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full-time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Based on a universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth, putting its resources to work to finance the economy and its clients’ projects.
With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong – a core hub of the worldwide Societe Generale Group – we employ over 9,000 employees in the region. Our expertise here ranges from corporate and investment banking to asset management, securities services, global transaction banking and specialised financial services.
Within the Risk Division, the Operational Risk Second Line of Defense is to provide independent, objective and leading operational risk management challenge and oversight services to assist the firm in maintaining an effective system of operational risk management.
The Compliance Monitoring and Testing Group (CLT) is dedicated to challenge and review the performance of the operational risk controls in place in the region, propose improvement and follow-up on their implementation. CLT contributes in escalating and providing a comprehensive and independent view of the efficiency of the control framework and operational risk framework more widely to senior management in the region.
The department based in Hong Kong covers the ASIA PACIFIC perimeter of activities working closely with team in Bangalore and centrally.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.