Description of the Business Line or Department
MARK/EQD/PCS is the Prime Services and Clearing business of Societe Generale.
The business provides Global Market Access for clients to trade cash, synthetic, listed and OTC derivative instruments across Equities, Fixed Income, and Foreign Exchange.
The core offering delivers front to back Execution, Clearing, and Settlement services enhanced by the provision of Financing, Research and Capital Introductions.
SG Prime Services is a client-focused business. The client franchise includes Hedge Funds, Asset Managers, CTAs, Financial Institutions, and Proprietary Trading Groups who are covered by teams based around the world including Paris, London, Chicago, New York, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Singapore, and Sydney.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
The role is to work in the Prime Services business line supporting the UK & Europe Prime Services Capital Introductions & Sales teams. The Capital Introductions team perform the following key functions:
- Capital Introductions develop and maintain coverage of key EMEA & Asia hedge fund investor groups
- Capital Introductions support for client coverage, adding value to existing client relationships
- Prime Services client business development and maintenance
The successful candidate will work closely with the team, supporting them in managing all business driven and regulatory initiatives impacting the UK Prime Services prospect and client base. They will have the opportunity to gain in depth knowledge about the business from trading through to clearing and will interact with a wide variety of people in the SG group, both in the Prime Services business line and in the wider Global Markets Business. As well as understanding of liquid hedge fund strategies, fundraising, investor allocation preferences and trends.
Summary of responsibilities
- Assist with coverage of EMEA & Asia hedge funds and hedge fund investor groups
- Assist with capital introduction events held across EMEA
- Input into content generation, spanning a range of topics impacting the hedge fund space
- Expand PSC coverage of EMEA hedge funds through research and meetings with prospective HF clients
- Assist with the management of regulatory and business driven initiatives for Prime Services
- Liaise with internal departments and drive through requirements generated by Prime Services clients
- Manage the internal regulatory team needs and help to channel and prioritise their initiatives
- Assist Sales in managing client requirements to trade new markets or new products
Excellent English, both written and verbal
Good communication skills
Strong organisation skills
Good interpersonal skills, ability to work in a team
Ability to multi-task and prioritize
Some knowledge of Prime Services products or services, and hedge fund strategies, an advantage but not essential
Attention to detail and a creative eye
Ability to disseminate information into key messages
Ability to work to deadlines
Why join us
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like “hard work” and “dedication” together with “community” and “respect” has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different.
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Société Générale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender identity.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
- Reference: 230006M4
- Entity: SG CIB
- Starting date: 2023/05/08
- Publication date: 2023/03/08