Description of the Business Line or Department
SG Kleinwort Hambros Bank UK Ltd (SGKHBUKL) performs regulatory reporting on a UK Consolidated level which is at the SG Kleinwort Hambros Group level. This level of reporting incorporates the UK, CI & Gibraltar banking entities as well as the SG Kleinwort Hambros Group Holding company. Additionally, the SGKHBUKL also performs solo reporting for the UK Bank on its own.
This role is within the Regulatory Reporting team which produces this reporting and forms part of the Kleinwort Hambros (KH) Finance (DFIN) department. The team split their time into two areas which focus on Run-the-bank (RTB) i.e Production and Change-the-bank (CTB) i.e Projects/Changes with the allocation of their time circa 80% RTB; 20% CTB.
The UK Regulatory Reporting team also has a Service Level Agreement (SLA) in place to perform the regulatory reporting requirements for the Gibraltar bank on a solo level. The UK Regulatory Reporting Team also have an SLA with the Channel Islands to assist with the Data preparation for the local Channel Islands reporting.
The regulatory reporting team aid and are involved with other team functions such as Treasury, Asset Liability Management (ALM), Financial Risk and Compliance. The teams engage in discussions and support various ongoing Regulatory projects and initiatives.
This role will be a Trainee / Analyst role and will predominantly focus on RTB and be involved in the Production side of the regulatory reporting. The role will involve assisting on Production and review of daily, monthly and quarterly reporting to the Bank of England (BOE), Prudential Regulatory Authority (PRA), to the Gibraltar Financial Services Commission (GFSC), parent bank Societe Generale and internal Kleinwort Hambros management.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
- Working part of a team of regulatory accountants working alongside the Deputy Head of Regulatory Reporting. The role will assist in the production of the of Daily, Monthly and Quarterly reporting to the BOE, PRA/FCA, GFSC, Societe Generale and internal Kleinwort Hambros management. This role will provide the first line of review and ensure the reporting is completed accurately and on a timely basis.
- Pro-actively seeking improvements in all areas and implementing these efficiencies.
- The role will be actively involved with other team functions, engaging in business liaison discussions and various ongoing Regulatory projects. Provide pro-active and positive support to the Regulatory team and other areas within the bank during a challenging ongoing period of Regulatory change.
Summary of responsibilities
• Assist the Production of and first line of review of quarterly/monthly reporting. This may include CRDIV COREP, Large Exposures, LCR and NSFR, Leverage Ratio and Credit Risk
• Assist the Production and first line of review of monthly, quarterly and annual Bank of England statistical reporting which may include BT, ELS, GT, AD, AL, BE, CC, CL, FI, FO, PL and C1
• Liaising with Banking Operations and Treasury as part of the analysis of the reporting and follow up to ensure accurate recording and coding of data for Financial Control
• Assist the Daily Monitoring, analysis and commentary.
• Provide cover across regulatory returns when staff are absent or working on projects.
• Ensure all the necessary control checks set up by the Deputy/Head of Regulatory Reporting are performed.
• Assist in Reconciliations to appropriate independent sources to control accuracy of reporting.
• First line of analysis review including substantiation of moves, trending analysis and commentary
• Assist some sections of the Monthly Regulatory Packs including ALCO & Board Packs ready for Deputy/Head of Regulatory Reporting to Review
• Investigation of issues, sharing and helping to resolve where possible
• Attend and provide input at the weekly Treasury, Finance and Risk Meetings
• Actively resolving static data issues and sharing anomalies and escalation of issues to Deputy/Head of Regulatory Reporting
• Liaising with the regulatory Accountants and working with them to implement constant ongoing improvements to processes
• Assist in updating of procedures with the regulatory accountants
• Actively working on solutions for simplifying, streamlining and providing automations where appropriate
Level of Autonomy and Authority
• Be able to investigate reconciliation differences and be comfortable with basic MS Office tools such as Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
• Be able to recognise any reporting issues and escalate any issues accordingly to the Deputy/Head of Regulatory Reporting.