- Assist with defining technical specifications of functional requirements
- Implement technical specification in Python code
- Test the resulting code
- Roll out and maintain the code
- Review and improve existing code
- At a later stage: based on business input, design and implement automated process in Python (according to above principles)
- Hold a Bachelors or Masters degree in Finance, Economics, Engineering, Computer Science or similar.
- Know how to code in Python; Experience in VBA, object oriented programming languages are a plus.
- Good understanding of Financial Institutions is an advantage.
- Strong analytical skills, aptitude and attitude to learn new things.
- Ability to handle tasks with tight deadlines and find innovative solutions.
- Fluent English is mandatory.
- Team Spirit - Open mindset: I listen and share my views and my expertise in an open mode
- Team Spirit - Synergies: I make cooperation with colleagues in and outside my team a priority
- Client - Understanding and Respect: I listen to clients and colleagues in order to understand and anticipate their needs
- Innovation - Thinking out of the box/Creativity: I propose new ideas and solutions
- Innovation - Technology: I adopt new technologies in the solutions and projects I work on
- Commitment - Sustainability: I strive to develop my skills and knowledge
This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 133,000 employees based in 61 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
ASIA-PACIFIC (ASIA), as one of the Business Units of Societe Generale, operates in 12 locations across the Asia Pacific region, employing over 2,500 employees with the regional headquarter located in Hong Kong. Our activities here are centered on Societe Generale's Global Banking & Investor Solutions pole (GBIS), a major growth engine for the Group and a key pillar of Societe Generale's universal banking model. Our expertise in Asia Pacific ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Global Transaction Banking and specialised financial services like Equipment & Vendor Finance and Vehicle Leasing & Fleet Management. In addition, Societe Generale's Global Solution Centre (SGGSC) in Bangalore and Chennai offers customised business solutions to the Societe Generale Group globally including ASIA.
Global Markets Asia
Operational Risk Management team is part of the first level of control in Global Markets department (MARK) that performs day to day trading and sales activities; Our Mission is to Reduce Operational Risk incurred during sales and trading activities by defining and implementing a pro-active, pragmatic sustainanble and transparent control and supervision model for MARK's Operations in Asia.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
- Reference: 230005X8
- Entity: SG Securities (HK) Limited
- Starting date: immediate
- Publication date: 2023/03/01