Description of the Business Line or Department
The aim of our Service Unit (GBSU) is to deliver day-to-day services to GBIS Business Units and their clients to accelerate the transformation. IT teams are aligned to the mandate of the Business and Support unit groups within GBSU.
IT works to ensure that it delivers the services the businesses need to compete and to serve SG’s clients. The objective is to deliver production services in a well-controlled and cost-effective way, and to deliver competitive application systems and infrastructure that allow GBIS to grow its business in existing and new markets, launch new products and take advantage of new opportunities when they arise.
The mission of GBSU/FFC is to provide and optimise pre-trade and post-trade tools for MARK/FIC Business and Post-trade services to clients. The objective is to deliver production services in a well-controlled and cost-effective way, and to deliver competitive application systems that allow GBIS to grow its business in existing and new markets, launch new products and take advantage of new opportunities when they arise. The mission also includes:
- Re-engineering of our solutions, using new and innovative approaches.
- Rapid Development of tactical and strategic tools for exotic trading desks (mainly Credit, Rates and FX).
- Help building tools for back-testing of strategies, pricing automations and data analysis, as a goal to generate trade ideas and better serve our clients.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
- Strategic and tactical tool development (Front to back) for the exotic fixed income (Credit/Rates/Fx) trading desks. C# back-end (.NET, ASP .NET Core), web-based front-end (Angular, React), Python and SQL databases (PostGre).
- Address any needs at software design and development level that involves rapid intervention with strong IT capabilities.
- The developer will help building tools for back-testing of strategies, pricing automations and data analysis, as a goal to generate trade ideas and better serve our clients.
- Leverage on financial and technical knowledge to partner efficiently with trading.
Summary of responsibilities
- Front to back development of strategic and tactical application using .net Core, Python & React.
- Understand the business requirements and risk/R&D models to develop upon them.
- Architect complex software using Micro-Service Architecture on a distributed mode.
- Able to manage development lifecycle autonomously.
- Agile development process. (Tests, Continuous delivery, Build Factory, deployment tool)
- Follow technological and open source projects developments and import those which make sense for the desks.
- Act as a team player by participating to pair programming session with teammates, create documentation on project, maintain the team wiki and participate to team meeting/daily stand-up with teams in London, NY and HK.
- Object oriented development needed, preferably .NET Core / Python / .NET Framework.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Good quantitative background, the candidates will work directly with traders and financial engineers and need to be able to pick-up concepts rapidly.
- Knowledge on managing and requesting databases – PostGre SQL is a plus.
- Knowledge on building distributed application – Azure knowledge is a plus.
- Knowledge of Fixed Income derivatives is a plus.
- Capable of managing own workload.
- Autonomous and team development experience is a plus.
- Focus on delivering value to the business with relentless efforts to improve process.
Why join us
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like “hard work” and “dedication” together with “community” and “respect” has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different.
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Société Générale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender identity.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.