• Hold a relevant Bachelors or Masters degree in Business Management or similar
• Ability to explain clearly the sourcing policy and process to the stakeholders
• Analytical skills
• Ability to prioritize and work within tight timeframes in a rapidly changing environment
• Ability to build and cultivate good working relationships with Business Lines and Vendors
• Good interpersonal and communication skills, sense of service, and flexibility are essential
• Effectiveness, team spirit and an ability to work in a fast-paced and demanding environment
• Proficiency in MS Excel is a MUST
• Transversal knowledge of the services and products of the corporate and investment banking sector. Specific knowledge of SG group is an advantage
• Fluent in written and spoken English is a must, and Chinese language skills is an advantage
This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
ASIA-PACIFIC (ASIA), as one of the Business Units of Societe Generale, operates in 12 locations across the Asia Pacific region, employing over 2,500 employees with the regional headquarter located in Hong Kong. Our activities here are centered on Societe Generale's Global Banking & Investor Solutions pole (GBIS), a major growth engine for the Group and a key pillar of Societe Generale's universal banking model. Our expertise in Asia Pacific ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Global Transaction Banking and specialised financial services like Equipment & Vendor Finance and Vehicle Leasing & Fleet Management. In addition, Societe Generale's Global Solution Centre (SGGSC) in Bangalore and Chennai offers customised business solutions to the Societe Generale Group globally including ASIA.
As part of the Asia Sourcing team, the Sourcing Trainee will assist and manage the purchase of the assigned categories and key priorities in Asia, to ensure that the needs of the business are met in terms of operational requirements, cost savings, risk mitigation and innovation.
The Sourcing Department covers all of the following procurement categories, plus transversal projects:
• Premises projects (Real Estate Agents, PM and Designer, Contractors, MEP, Furniture)
• Facility Management: soft services and maintenance
• IT equipment
• IT services providers and consulting
Non IT Services:
• Marketing and communication
• Professional services (training, legal, recruitment, temporary work)
The successful candidate will ensure the SG’s Sourcing processes is observed and contribute to the yearly savings targets. You will work closely with the stakeholders across SG entities in Asia Pacific Region including local Heads and COOs, will also work with the SG Group Sourcing Division members from the Head office in France.