Description of the Business Line or Department
The Strategic & Capital Advisory team (the “SCA team”), within the Maritime Industries business line (“MAI”), is one of the most experienced and innovative teams in the industry, and has been involved in numerous large, complex and high value transactions in recent years. The team, with a global remit, is focused on a diverse set of commodities, asset classes, projects and ventures within the wider maritime world. Our clients are from all the maritime industry stakeholder groups and include energy companies (national and international), shipowners, yards, ports (and related infrastructure and services), floating infrastructure companies, commodity owners/buyers, energy, power & utilities, ship-charterers and financial institutions.
The main responsibilities include the following:
- Supporting day-to-day execution of transactions, including due diligence, valuation analysis, and the involvement in negotiating of contracts and other agreements; working with senior management and deal team leaders.
- Supporting the pitching and marketing of new and existing clients with new products, proposals or solutions.
- Ensuring the administration of transactions are completed appropriately and on time and details recorded in the banks systems (such as Financing Platform etc)
The person will be a key member of SG’s expanding Maritime Industries platform with direct involvement in many aspects of deal execution and business development, working in lean deal teams with direct exposure to clients and the senior Maritime Industries experts at Societe Generale in London, Paris, Dubai, Hong-Kong and Singapore.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
- Supporting the team originate new projects, clients or transactions for the SCA team through research, pitch drafting, data preparation and analysis;
- Playing a meaningful role in deals/mandates, providing timely updates on deliverables and progress and ensuring a cohesive approach to driving outcomes for the clients of the MAI business line;
- Support the growth of the SCA team by executing efficiently and helping drive P&L increases as the business continues to evolve and thrive;
- Continually contributing to the innovation of our business and further our ESG evolution in the MAI Business Line
Summary of responsibilities
- Participating in both internal and external client meetings, review of contracts and other agreements, and due diligence sessions;
- Develop and run quantitative models to assess the economic performance of projects, companies and/or transactions.
- Analysing financial data and developments in financial markets important to business of the MAI business line and its clients
- Contributing to research of targeted clients, opportunities and/or mandates for pitching and marketing purposes.
- Performing analysis of prospective projects, clients, investment opportunities under consideration, including the assessment of financial risks.
- Comparing a company’s financial data with other companies of the same industry, size, and location to the forecast of industry trends.
Any from the following would be considered a positive, the ones in bold are especially desirable;
- M&A/Corporate Finance or Strategic Advisory;
- Investment banking knowledge / experience;
- Big-4 consulting;
- Shipping and offshore (FPSO, FSRU, FLNG);
- Broader energy sector.
- ESG activities related to the above
- Energy – The ability to consistently drive the business forward and always have a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Responsibility - Capable of building trust and taking ownership
- Innovation – ability to recognise trends and needs and adapt to evolving market conditions. Be a self-starter
- Team spirit – take responsibility for own work and contribute to the success of the team
- Commitment – ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Communication skills –ability to deliver clear and concise messages to clients, management and team members
- Client orientation – assist the team to build and maintain trusted client relationships
- Ability to write clear, structured and comprehensive emails and analysis for internal purposes and communications with clients
- Assist with assessment, structuring and documentation (i.e. termsheets, powerpoints, memos)
- Assist with valuation of asset-based investments using comparisons, DCF
Why join us
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like “hard work” and “dedication” together with “community” and “respect” has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different.
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Société Générale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender identity.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
- Reference: 230005BN
- Entity: SG CIB
- Starting date: 2023/04/24
- Publication date: 2023/02/24