- Hold a Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or similar
- Strong interest in automating for repetitive and none value added tasks (Python, Windows batch, Unix scripting, other languages)
- Basic understanding and appetite in object-oriented design and development (Java, C#)
- Basic knowledge in database programming including dealing with SQL.
- Basic knowledge on operating systems including Unix and Windows
- Fast learner, and strong willingness level up on banking business and technical knowledge
- Good “team-player” mindset helping to promote team spirit
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in an international and distributed team environment
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and follow through all tasks to completion
- Fluent English is mandatory
This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Based on a universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth, putting its resources to work to finance the economy and its clients’ projects.
With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong – a core hub of the worldwide Societe Generale Group – we employ over 9,000 employees in the region. Our expertise here ranges from corporate and investment banking to asset management, securities services, global transaction banking and specialised financial services.
You will join the Development team building and providing IT solutions for the Front Office in the FX Options and Structure Products space. Based on the trading floor, the team provides an agile development capability across the full chain including pricing, deal processing, pnl & risks.