The main mission is to bring a support to the TCF Front Office. The candidate must in first time understand the traders’ flows and their type of operations together with the specifics of the transactional trade finance products and flows of commodity in order to help:
Marketing and Origination
- Gather information from a variety of sources on potential customers and target countries (company accounts, market reports, Bloomberg, internet, etc.)
- Analyze in detail the corporate profile and FI profile (market, business, competition, organization, etc.) as well as historical audited accounts
- Assist in the preparation of credit approvals
- Participate in the preparation of credit applications to obtain approval to execute deals and /or lines (bank and corporate) renewal
- Perform calculation of deal profitability with limited supervision
- Assist in deal management and booking
- Assist with internal approval processes
- Gather information to assist in preparation of management reviews and reporting
- Hold a relevant Bachelors or Masters degree in Finance, Economics, Business or similar
- Knowledge on computer software and applications (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, VBA)
- Basic banking, accounting and finance knowledge
- Reliable and cooperative with good team spirit
- Good organizational skills
- Pro-active and willing to take challenge
- Fluent in English is mandatory; Proficiency in French, Mandarin and Cantonese will be preferred
This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
- Team Spirit - Open mindset: I listen and share my views and my expertise in an open mode
- Team Spirit - Collective mindset: I favour the team’s interest over my own results
- Innovation - Thinking out of the box/Creativity: I propose new ideas and solutions
- Client - Understanding and Respect: I listen to clients and colleagues in order to understand and anticipate their needs
- Responsibility - Performance: I strive for high performance
- Commitment - Care: I demonstrate consideration for others
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
ASIA-PACIFIC (ASIA), as one of the Business Units of Societe Generale, operates in 12 locations across the Asia Pacific region, employing over 2,500 employees with the regional headquarter located in Hong Kong. Our activities here are centered on Societe Generale's Global Banking & Investor Solutions pole (GBIS), a major growth engine for the Group and a key pillar of Societe Generale's universal banking model. Our expertise in Asia Pacific ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Global Transaction Banking and specialised financial services like Equipment & Vendor Finance and Vehicle Leasing & Fleet Management. In addition, Societe Generale's Global Solution Centre (SGGSC) in Bangalore and Chennai offers customised business solutions to the Societe Generale Group globally including ASIA.
The job offer relates to one of GLBA business line: Trade and Commodity Finance department in charge of financing of traders and commodity players/processors as well as trade finance to cover traders and commodity players against non-payment risk. Trade Commodity Finance is a strong business line housed under the overall platform of Natural Resources with a worldwide presence in various countries. Commodity business is a core stream within SG. Trade Commodity Finance team are active in a full range of Commodities, ranging from oil, metal, to agri-products, and provide trade financing/structured solutions to Commodity traders as well as producers.
This Trainee is to support the daily operations of the Department for business development and to assist the Marketing Officers to maintain an efficient infrastructure for the monitoring of financed transactions.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.