Description of the Business Line or Department
Societe Generale Private Banking represents the wealth management arm of Societe Generale, managing over EUR110bn of assets. With 2,100 staff in 13 countries across the globe, Societe Generale Private Banking (“SGPB”) is a worldwide private bank with a strong European base, offering wealth management solutions to entrepreneurs and High Net Worth Individuals.
Kleinwort Hambros is part of the SGPB network, offering specialist banking and wealth management services to domestic and international clients through the UK and related offshore markets (Channel Islands and Gibraltar).
You have the opportunity to join as a Trainee within the Treasury Department, which is responsible for the practical management of the Bank’s Balance Sheet and proprietary risk positions. The role is based in the Bank’s dealing room, within which the team interacts with financial markets in order to manage the Bank’s liquidity, FX, Interest Rate and Institutional Credit risks.
The role gives you the opportunity to gain experience within the dealing room of a Private Bank (Kleinwort Hambros), giving you a broad experience in the day-to-day practicalities of managing a Bank’s Balance Sheet and financial risk positions within the Private Banking industry. Furthermore, as the Bank is a subsidiary of Societe Generale, you will have the opportunity to learn how risk and ALM processes are applied by a global Banking Institution.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
Assist the Treasury team with:
- Liquidity and Risk analysis
- Management Information (production of regular updates to EXCO, ALCO, board);
- Monitoring Activities (e.g. Interest risk positions, portfolio allocation, First Line of Defence compliance, etc);
- Supporting day to day Treasury activities (e.g, queries, running and maintaining desk tools, reporting)
- Assisting in Asset & Liability Management processes, such as Funds Transfer Pricing;
- Supporting treasury and bank-wide Projects.
Summary of responsibilities
- To produce, support and develop the analysis of the Bank’s/Desk’s risk positions, such as FX positions, Interest Rate Risk Positions, Investment Portfolio allocations, P&L, etc. and to perform adhoc analytical projects
- To assist in the production of Management Information, such as for ALCO, Local Management Committees, Group Treasury and adhoc presentations to key stakeholders.
- To assist the Treasury in their day-to-day activities, involving interaction with various counterparts across the Bank (e.g. Middle Office, Back Office, Private Bankers, Finance, Risk, Credit, etc).
- To work co-operatively with other stakeholders on shared responsibilities, such as the development and implementation of the Bank’s Funds Transfer Pricing mechanism.
- The employee must know and comply with the regulations, rules and procedures, internal and external that apply in the context of its function and follow the compulsory training.
- Perform all duties in accordance with the principles outlined in the SG Code of Conduct, as well as the policies and procedures relevant to your responsibilities, to ensure that you adhere to a culture that treats clients fairly and focuses on the long-term sustainability of client relationships.