Description of the Business Line or Department
The Treasury team (“TRE”) act as the Treasury function for the Kleinwort Hambros Group (“KH”), and each of its Banking entities. The team is responsible for the management of each entity’s liquidity; in terms of the daily cash balances, the proprietary investment portfolios and the various liquidity limits and ratios that each entity is required to respect.
The team is also responsible for managing the other Market/Structural Risks that are incurred by the Bank in the course of doing business. Specifically, TRE manage the Credit Risk generated by the proprietary investment portfolios, FX Risks generated by client/Structural transactions and Interest Rate Risk generated by the structural duration mismatches of the Balance Sheet. These are managed within the Structural limits and parameters outlined by the Treasury/Hedging Mandates and specified by the Asset Liability Management team.
Finally, the team is responsible for providing pricing on FX, loan and deposit products executed between the Bank’s clients (via the commercial front office) and the SGH Bank entities.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
· Assisting in the broader Treasury responsibilities, such as Balance Sheet strategy, product development, Asset & Liability Management and Funds Transfer Pricing.
· Assisting in day-to-day management of the Bank’s Liquidity, Interest Rate, FX and Institutional Credit Risks.
· Maximising profits from these risks, within the confines of the agreed mandate and risk limits.
· To provide pricing of Loan/Deposit and FX products to Bank personnel, as part of the standard business offering.
Summary of responsibilities
· To contribute to the development of the Treasury objectives and responsibilities, involving all areas of the Balance Sheet.
· To assist in the management of:
o The Bank’s interest rate risk profile, ensuring compliance with the explicitly defined Structural Interest risk limits.
o The management of the Bank’s Institutional Credit risk exposures, ensuring compliance with the explicitly defined counterparty credit risk limits and regulatory limits (e.g. Large Exposure, Cluster Ratio).
o The Banks proprietary investments in accordance with the Treasury investment mandate
o The Bank’s FX risk positions, ensuring compliance with the explicitly defined Structural Risk limits, intra-day spot FX limits and overnight spot FX limits.
o The Bank’s liquidity risk position, in terms of cash requirements (to cover day-to-day cash flows) and explicitly defined limits/ratios enforced either internally or by local regulatory bodies (e.g. LCR).
o The Treasury activity within all statutory requirements relevant to the jurisdiction and within all defined Group regulatory requirements.
· To provide cover when required for all areas within Treasury.
· To provide pricing of FX products to clients and Bank personnel as required.
· To provide pricing of Loan and deposit products to clients and Bank personnel as required.
· Maintain a close awareness of market conditions by reading market analysis and monitoring market pricing.
· Perform all duties in accordance with the principles outlined in the SGPBH Code of Conduct, as well as the policies and procedures relevant to your responsibilities, to ensure that you adhere to a culture that treats clients fairly and focuses on the long-term sustainability of client relationships.
Level of autonomy and authority
· Determination of pricing for Loan/Deposit and FX products.
· Identification and pricing of Treasury Investments (within Treasury Investment mandate).
· Determination of tactical Credit, Interest Risk, FX risk positions and management thereof within defined risk limits.