- At least 5 years of experience as Linux System Administrator or DevOps Unix Engineer.
- Fluent in English, assertive communication is vital.
- Passionate about learning new technologies, sharing knowledge and solving complex challenges.
- Strong production & automation mindset with little tolerance for repetitive work.
- Good understanding of Cybersecurity frameworks, ability to anticipate risks and propose mitigation plans
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Strong expertise in Linux administration & operations management (RHat, Centos...).
- Solid experience in OS tuning for specific workloads, user management, network file systems, security hardening....
- Practical knowledge in scripting (shell...) and configuration management (Puppet, Ansible...)
- Proficient in building and operating core IT services (DNS, Network Time protocols, Identity/Access Management)
- Broad understanding of generic Infrastructure concepts (Storage, DB, middleware, networking) & IT service management / IT risk frameworks (ITIL, COBIT...)
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task & prioritize work in a dynamic environment
- Excellent communication is a must. Ability to explain complex technical issues to non-technical and senior stakeholders.
- Ability to concisely write up change documentation and procedure, with clear backout plans and pre/post checks.
Nice to have:
- Experience with Cloud Native applications, OpenStack, Terraform, public clouds (Azure, Amazon, Google...)
- Knowledge of modern monitoring stacks (Telegraf, Prometheus, Grafana, …)
- Experience with containers & orchestrators (Docker, Kubernetes, LXC,…)
- Knowledge of various data storage technologies (S3, Block, …)
- Application development experience (low or higher level languages : Java, C/C++, Python...)
- Practical experience of Datacenter logistics and hardware delivery aspects (from procurement to go-live)
- Experience in Finance industry, brokerage or banking, knowledge of trading activities & market data solutions
- Fluency in other languages (Mandarin or Cantonese, Korean, Japanase, French....)
- Client oriented: proactive approach to find & propose solutions to meet bank's & client’s goals
- Team spirit: teamwork, diplomacy, adaptability, listening and coaching.
- Innovation: ability to develop new solutions by challenging the status-quo and existing practices.
- Commitment: rigor, capacity to manage complex topics in a challenging environment
- Responsibility: autonomy, integrity, capacity to understand and manage risks
- Demonstrate strong leadership.
Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Present in over 50 countries across Europe, the Americas and Asia. Societe Generale provides corporate, financial institutions, investors and public sector clients with value-added integrated financial solutions.
Today, Societe Generale in Japan consists of four core businesses: Societe Generale, Tokyo Branch; Societe Generale Securities Japan Limited, Lyxor Asset Management Japan and Societe Generale Aircraft Leasing Company Limited. These four entities are in line with our worldwide focus on Investment Banking, Global Finance and Global Markets, and Asset Management.
The IT Infrastructure department, Global Technical Services (GTS), is one of the major stakes for the bank and is at the heart of Societe Generale group's strategy.
Today, the Digital Transformation raises important challenges around IT Architecture, Infrastructure and Security. Many of these challenges are opportunities to imagine new experiences for our clients and new way to deliver IT services.
Within the Resources and Innovation division, GTS department plays a key role in the Digital Transformation. With more than 3500 GTS staff located across the world, GTS develops innovative projects while delivering operational excellence for infrastructure services to 148,000 employees and 32 millions external clients.
GTS staff motivation comes from the new technologies they deliver to enhance agility of the various business lines (Hybrid Cloud, Seamless security, Big Data and A.I., smart and virtualized workplace, best in class market data and connectivity to exchanges).
GTS Asia is organized around client products (Workplace, Core/Hosting, Market Data & Middleware) with agile Feature teams aligned to various business lines and support units