Description of the Business Line or Department
The Strategic & Commercial Advisory team (the “SCA team”), within the Shipping & Offshore business line (“MER”), is one of the most experienced and innovative teams in the industry, and has been involved in numerous large, complex and high value transactions in recent years. Our team, with a global remit, is focused on a diverse set of commodities, asset classes, projects and ventures within the wider maritime world. Our clients are from all the maritime industry stakeholder groups and include energy companies (national and international), shipowners, yards, floating infrastructure companies, commodity owners/buyers, energy, power & utilities, ship-charterers and financial institutions.
The successful candidate would be responsible for the following:
- Leading the day-to-day execution of transactions, including due diligence, valuation analysis, and the negotiating of contracts and other agreements; work with senior management and coordinate associate / analyst materials.
- Pitching and marketing of new and existing clients with new products, proposals or solutions.
- Evaluating, structuring, and recommending financial and strategic solutions to clients, including the analysis of mergers, acquisitions, other strategic combinations, asset sales, and divestures.
The successful candidate will be a critical member of SG’s expanding Shipping & Offshore platform with direct involvement in both deal leading, deal execution and business development, working in lean deal teams with direct exposure to the most senior Shipping & Offshore experts at Societe Generale in London, Paris, Dubai and Hong-Kong.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
- Originating new projects, clients or transactions for the SCA team;
- Leading deals/mandates, coordinating their progress and driving outcomes for the clients of the MER business line;
- Be a core participant in the growth of the SCA team driving P&L increases as our business continues to evolve and thrive;
- Continually contributing to the innovation of our business and further our ESG evolution in the MER Business Line
Summary of responsibilities
- Participating in both internal and external client meetings, negotiation of contracts and other agreements, and due diligence sessions;
- Designing and developing quantitative models to assess the economic performance of projects, companies and/or transactions.
- Analysing financial data and developments in financial markets important to business of the MER business line and its clients
- Directing and contributing to research of targeted clients, opportunities and/or mandates for pitching and marketing purposes.
- Performing analysis of prospective projects, clients, investment opportunities under consideration, including the assessment of financial risks.
- Comparing a company’s financial data with other companies of the same industry, size, and location to the forecast of industry trends.
- Preparing written analysis and evaluations of opportunities important to business of the SCA team and its clients