1. At least 8 – 10 years’ experience in banking, of which at least 7 years of experience in Receivables / Payables Finance in client-facing or product roles.
2. Expertise on business
- Professional experience in receivables / payables finance
- Expert in structuring such transactions
- Deep knowledge of the processes front to back of such transactions
- Direct sales relationships with clients
- Deep knowledge of products / market conditions / competition in Asia
- Capacity to conduct efficient meetings with clients and internal stakeholders like Finance, Risk, Operations department etc. to present OATF solutions and drive forward stated objectives
- Sensitivity on risk issues (credit risk, operational risks, regulatory and legal risks, compliance risk, etc)
3. Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills
4. Strong ability to build up relationships to facilitate teamwork with other departments/business lines and internal stakeholders on transversal issues
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 133,000 employees based in 61 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
ASIA-PACIFIC (ASIA), as one of the Business Units of Societe Generale, operates in 12 locations across the Asia Pacific region, employing over 2,500 employees with the regional headquarter located in Hong Kong. Our activities here are centered on Societe Generale's Global Banking & Investor Solutions pole (GBIS), a major growth engine for the Group and a key pillar of Societe Generale's universal banking model. Our expertise in Asia Pacific ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Global Transaction Banking and specialised financial services like Equipment & Vendor Finance and Vehicle Leasing & Fleet Management. In addition, Societe Generale's Global Solution Centre (SGGSC) in Bangalore and Chennai offers customised business solutions to the Societe Generale Group globally including ASIA.
Global Transaction & Payment Services (GTPS) is the Business Unit designed for domestic and international companies and institutions seeking support with commercial transactions (bank, commercial and corporate transactions) and payments.
GTPS includes Payments & Cash Management (PCM), Cash Clearing services (BAN), Trade Finance services (TRA), Factoring (SGF) and Foreign Exchange services (FX) associated to these activities.
The Trade Services Department (GTPS/TRA) accompanies the Group’s clients in their international development by providing positive impact trade finance solutions and services.
Within GBIS, GTPS/TRA operates and develops documentary trade finance activities.
As part of its oversight mission on documentary trade finance activities across the Group, GTPS/TRA supports the other Business Units in developing a sustainable documentary trade finance business.