Major Accountabilities/Principal responsibilities:
The Real Estate Finance department is part of the Global Finance – Asset Finance business line. The department offers a range of solutions to real estate investors for financing the acquisition of or refinancing office properties, retail/shopping centres, industrial / logistics and, in certain circumstances, hotels. This includes both traditional non-recourse mortgage loans and capital market financings as well as debt advisory services. The department also works closely with the Bank’s Asset Backed Products (ABP) team to provide innovative financing solutions using securitisation structures.
The department operates internationally with teams based in Paris, London, Madrid, Milan, Frankfurt, New York and Tokyo. The successful candidate will contribute directly to the Australian arm of the global Real Estate Finance business line by contributing to origination and leading the execution of mandates to facilitate tailor-made finance transactions for clients. The candidate will also introduce other internal departments to clients and transactions via cross-sales.
The candidate will:
- Contribute to the origination of finance transactions in the commercial real estate sector in Australia. These transactions will typically be non-recourse (secured) or corporate (secured) transactions, secured by a single asset or a portfolio of assets per the guidelines prescribed for the business line.
- Lead the structuring and execution of finance transactions including determining and negotiating financing terms & conditions, management of the due diligence process, reviewing and providing senior input into credit applications, term sheet drafting and preparation of offers and agreements.
- Lead negotiations with clients and with SG’s internal credit team or other business units involved in the credit approval process.
- Negotiate and execute loan documentation with external and/or internal lawyers.
- Coordinate and working alongside SG’s loan distribution teams in the primary and/or secondary distribution of loans in accordance with the business line strategy.
- Monitor and follow-up the client relationship and integrate business line input in the monitoring of transactions and their documented terms and conditions throughout the life of the deal (including the annual review).
- Develop & maintain active awareness of Australia real estate market conditions and trends.
- Facilitate close dialogue and foster strong relationships with other internal business lines integral to the success of the Real Estate Finance Department within GLBA – specifically COV (Corporate & FIG), ABP, SYN, DCM and within MARK – IFD.
- Actively contribute to the training and development of the business line’s junior staff.