1. Understanding of the loan market, its dynamics and the related instruments, including credit and rates derivatives to propose relevant financing solutions
2. Capacity to generate pitch material that is clear, structured, compelling, and comprehensive in addressing clients’ needs
3. Responsibility – capacity to understand and manage risks (conduct, reputational, financial, etc.) for AFI, GLBA, and SG Group, and act responsibly in line with SG Group Values, Code of Conduct, and other applicable rules & regulations
1. Client orientation – ability to build and maintain trusted client relationships
2. Client orientation – commercial acumen and persistence in addressing clients’ needs
3. Client orientation – demonstrate proactive approach to develop business adapted to clients’ and markets’ needs
4. Innovation – ability to contribute to the development of new client base, advisory, and products in line with SG Group priorities and strategies
5. Team spirit – experience of working with people with diverse, international backgrounds
6. Commitment – ability to prioritise tasks and to manage competing deadlines
7. Communication skills – including language skills (Korean and/or Mandarin speaking capabilities are a plus)
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 133,000 employees based in 61 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
ASIA-PACIFIC (ASIA), as one of the Business Units of Societe Generale, operates in 12 locations across the Asia Pacific region, employing over 2,500 employees with the regional headquarter located in Hong Kong. Our activities here are centered on Societe Generale's Global Banking & Investor Solutions pole (GBIS), a major growth engine for the Group and a key pillar of Societe Generale's universal banking model. Our expertise in Asia Pacific ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Global Transaction Banking and specialised financial services like Equipment & Vendor Finance and Vehicle Leasing & Fleet Management. In addition, Societe Generale's Global Solution Centre (SGGSC) in Bangalore and Chennai offers customised business solutions to the Societe Generale Group globally including ASIA.
Located in Hong Kong, the Shipping & Offshore Finance, Asia Pacific unit (GLBA/AFI/MER) is part of the Asset Finance business line in the Corporate & Investment Banking department. We support ship owners and operators across the whole Asia Pacific region and for a large spectrum of ships, by providing innovative financing solutions ranging from traditional ship mortgage loans to export credit financings, leasing, advisory solutions and project finance transactions. We are at the forefront of green and sustainable finance initiatives in the shipping sector, and we closely accompany our clients in the maritime energy transition.