Vice President - Technology Coverage
Base Salary Range: $99,000 - $254,000
Base salary range does not include overtime pay, bonus and/or other benefits, where applicable. Actual base salary offer will vary based on skills and experience.
The main responsibility as a Client Relationship Manager -- Coverage Banker is the initiation, development, and continued cultivation of client relationships with a group of companies as the primary or secondary relationship manager. In this capacity, the individual is responsible for delivering the full breadth of products and services to clients and prospects globally. The candidate is expected to assume an important role within a multifunctional team that is responsible for a wide variety of projects, some of which include:
- Support Senior Bankers’ marketing efforts for both existing and prospective clients, managing client relationships, and generating new business to execute the group mandate
- Manage and develop junior resources in their work on various financial analyses and modeling, including capital structure analyses, company/industry research and peer benchmarking, among other exercises
- Helping to prospect within designated sub-verticals in the tech industry resulting in onboarding of new clients that fit our growth mandate and SG’s global platform
- Responsible for business promotion, including collaboration with senior members of the team and product partners to generate ideas and source transactions to augment existing client relationships, establish new client relationships and pitch financing solutions across the capital structure by cross selling of corporate and investment banking products
- Coordinate and build relationships with primary client teams as well as relevant client personnel across the enterprise; build relationships with product colleagues across the globe
- Present ideas and proposals to internal and external clients and lead execution of transactions to facilitate deals from start to end including client sourcing, due diligence, negotiations, and structuring, and transaction closing
- Facilitate and coordinate product group idea generation and solutions development across a broad platform of global capabilities
- Manage multi-product origination efforts across the range of corporate banking solutions and across the many geographies in which the bank operates
- Coordinate the development of client presentations, including pitch books, lender/investor presentations, internal committee presentations, approval memos, etc.; supervise the preparation and final work product
- Manage several projects at once and work effectively as a supervisor, as an individual and as a key member of a team
- Be ready and willing to be helpful and support all TEC group activities and objectives - no responsibility should be too small
Building on long-term relationships based on a deep understanding of our clients, our Client Coverage mission is to offer clients the whole range of solutions offered by Société Générale CIB, with a particular focus on strategic clients and the development of our investment banking activities.
SG’s TEC Coverage team is seeking a dynamic individual for a Vice President position in our New York office, whose primary focus will be to help our Senior Bankers’ marketing efforts for both existing and prospective clients, managing client relationships, and generating new business to execute the group mandate to bank the most important US companies across the sector. As her career develops, the individual will gradually take responsibility for new client prospecting and assume more primary coverage roles with the new clients.
The individual will be expected to perform at the highest level of excellence in a demanding environment and would be required to work with product partners drawing from the full spectrum of the Firm's global resources to develop customized financial solutions to meet the needs of our clients and prospects.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum 6 years of experience in investment banking, corporate finance and/or capital markets within the tech industry
- Previous experience as a coverage banker or relationship manager with prospecting experience would be an advantage; equally, experience in treasury or finance functions at a technology company would be an advantage
- In depth understanding of the tech industry & trends is preferred
- Experience with large corporate clients, investment banking products, capital markets products, derivatives, credit, cash management, trade, finance and securities products
- Outstanding ability and gravitas to manage and influence stakeholder relationships at all levels of the organization, with particular focus at the senior management level
- Aptitude to synthesize large amounts of information and develop innovative ideas and/or product solutions
- Enthusiasm to take on new and challenging tasks in dynamic environment, high level of motivation, dependability, intelligence, and ethics
- Superior presentation skills to represent the business across internal and external platforms
- Strong written and oral communication skills and ability to convey ideas
- Strong quantitative/analytical skills, attention to detail and client focus
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Series 79 & 63 is preferred but not required. Expectation to complete series exams within three months of joining
At Societe Generale, we live by our 4 core values of commitment, responsibility, team spirit and innovation. We are engaged and demonstrate consideration for others. We act ethically and with courage. We focus our talent and energy on collective success. We experiment and propose new ideas. This way, we maximize our ability to serve client needs and anticipate market changes. Societe Generale is committed to strengthening bonds with colleagues, communities, and the world in which we live, because relationships are at the heart of how we operate.
Our Diversity & Inclusion Mission: Recruit, develop, advance, and retain a diverse workforce that is united in our efforts to enhance our competitive position and deliver innovative solutions to our clients.
Our Diversity & Inclusion Vision:
• Engaged workforce that is demographically diverse in a way that reflects the communities in which we operate
• Inclusive culture and workplace that recognizes employees' unique needs and utilizes their diverse talents
• Engage our community and marketplace, and position the organization to meet the needs of all its clients
For more information about our D&I initiatives, please visit this link (https://americas.societegenerale.com/en/societe-generale-about/diversity-and-inclusion/)
HYBRID WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Societe Generale offers a hybrid work arrangement that offers employees the flexibility to work remotely, as well as on-site, in order to promote interaction and collaboration with colleagues while adhering to all SG standard protocols. Hybrid work arrangements vary based on business area. The applicable Business lines will determine and communicate the work arrangements that best meet their business needs.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
- Reference: 23000646
- Entity: SG Americas Securities
- Starting date: 2023/05/08
- Publication date: 2023/03/02