1. At least 8 – 10 years’ experience in banking, with at least 5 years of experience in trade finance, and 3 – 5 years in client-facing roles
2. Expertise on trade business
- Professional experience in trade finance business in Singapore
- Direct sales relationships with clients
- Deep knowledge on products / market conditions / competition in Singapore
- Capacity to conduct efficient meetings with clients / target clients to present capabilities of Société Générale’s Trade Finance business and to understand clients’ needs in order to propose adequate solutions
- Sensitivity on risk issues (credit risk, operational risks, regulatory and legal risks, compliance risk, etc)
3. Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills
4. Strong ability to build up relationships to facilitate team work with other departments/business lines and internal stakeholders on transversal issues
- Interpersonal Skills
- Ability to Cooperate
- Sales & Marketing Skills
- Risk Awareness
Societe Generale* is one of the largest European financial services groups. Based on a diversified and integrated banking model, the Group combines financial solidity with a strategy of sustainable growth, and aims to be the reference for relationship banking, recognised on its markets, close to clients, chosen for the quality and commitment of its teams.
Societe Generale has been playing a vital role in the economy for 150 years. With more than 145,000 employees, based in 66 countries, we serve on a daily basis 31 million clients throughout the world. Societe Generale’s teams offer advice and services to individual, corporate and institutional customers in three core businesses:
Societe Generale in Asia Pacific
- Retail banking in France with the Societe Generale branch network, Credit du Nord and Boursorama, offering a comprehensive range of multi-channel financial services at the leading edge of digital innovation;
- International retail banking, insurance and financial services to corporates with a presence in developing economies and leading specialised businesses;
- Corporate and investment banking, private banking, asset management and securities services, with recognised expertise, top international rankings and integrated solutions.
Societe Generale’s first presence in Asia dates back from the 19th century. Today, we have offices in 12 locations across Asia Pacific.
With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong – a core hub of the worldwide Societe Generale Group – we employ close to 9,000 employees in the region. Our expertise here ranges from corporate and investment banking to asset management, securities services, specialised financial services, trade finance and cash management services.
For more information, follow us on LinkedIn @Société Générale or visit our website www.societegenerale.asia.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.