Description of the Business Line or Department
The Global Markets functions is a trusted partner to external clients (Corporates, Financial institutions and Asset Managers) in market activities, offering a cross-expertise in Research, Investment and Risk Solutions, Execution and Prime Services.
FIXED INCOME & CURRENCIES
A SOLUTIONS & DERIVATIVES HOUSE
The Fixed Income department at Société Générale aim at providing a full set of services to Institutional and Corporate clients that will support their investment or risk management targets.
Thanks to market-leading research, engineering, trading and e-commerce capabilities, our clients benefit from strategic insights, flow information, competitive pricing and seamless execution across rates, credit, FX, and emerging markets.
We design solutions for our clients, capitalising on the full spectrum of fixed income and currencies products and services.
LINKING BORROWERS TO INVESTORS FROM ORIGINATION TO DISTRIBUTION
We service our clients on the full credit spectrum from Investment Grade to High Yield and X-Over and on cash as well as indices, options and singe name CDS.
GLOBAL FX & EMERGING MARKETS EUROPEAN MARKET LEADER WITH EMERGING MARKET FOCUS
Our clients can tap our capacity to execute large FX deals. We also offer a global coverage on all major currencies, and the local access of our global emerging markets platform spanning CEE, Asia, Africa and Brazil.
ACCESS TO CASH AND DERIVATIVES
Through packaged trade ideas or flawless execution, we offer our clients the best of our trading and structuring expertise. Our capabilities span from derivatives to government, agency & supranational securities to covered bonds, inflation-linked products and ETFs.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
- Marketing and Sales of Fixed Income secured finance (repo and Securities Lending) products to Financial Institutions.
- Marketing and Sales of Money Market solutions to Financial Institutions.
- Development and coverage of Financial Institutions client base (Hedge Funds, Central Banks, Bank Treasuries, Asset Managers, Sovereign Wealth Funds, Pension funds etc
Summary of responsibilities
Client Coverage Responsibilities (Internal and External Clients including market participants)
- Support the lead relationship owner for areas of clients/ products allocated within area of responsibility
- Support on-boarding new clients e.g. KYC and legal documentation to allow execution of transactions
- Help to develop long term relationships with clients based on trust and professionalism
- Respond to various request from clients related to products, on boarding process, events, documentation e.g. legal and commercial; Analyse, investigate, research, manage and resolve queries received from clients
- Build, foster and cultivate client relationships in line with regulatory requirements
- Introducing clients to the appropriate business lines to allow SG to become more relevant towards these clients
- To generate a recurring stream of revenues with these clients by enhancing new client products suitable for clients’ needs and / or develop new client prospects
Product Scope Responsibilities
- Help and support implement team business plan to develop SG business as directed
- Execution of relevant product transaction on behalf of SG Clients and pricing in line with policies and guidelines applicable. Making sure that all the procedural guidelines e.g. KYC, Mifid, risk controls, product governance are observed
- Support business solutions for operational issues related to the products sold with IT teams, back-offices, middle-offices
Knowledge Management Responsibilities
- Maintain up to date intelligence on market initiatives and client demands
Risk Management Responsibilities
- Ensuring compliance with sales procedures and guidelines including Sales Handbook and regular training as applicable to the regulatory requirements
- To further improve SG market share and reputation through professionalism, discipline and attention to risks e.g. compliance, market, credit, legal, reputation.
- Ensure full adherence to the SG Sales responsibilities including sales handbook and regular training as applicable to the regulatory requirements
- Responsibility to adhere to internal Policies that relate to you, your business or other businesses for which you have any level of responsibility. It is your responsibility to ensure compliance with operational and conduct risk requirements (e.g. data leakage, security policies and regulatory requirements).
- Adhere to individual and where applicable department conduct rules in accordance with the FCA and PRA Code of Conduct rules
- Responsibility for managing, controlling, preparing and escalating risk within the scope of your position and in line with existing policies.
- Responsibility to ensure that you take reasonable steps to be fully aware of, understand and comply with all regulatory requirements from all regulatory and statutory bodies, trading venues, etc that are applicable to your role and business line.
- To assist in the self-identification of all conduct related issues. Ensure escalation to appropriate stakeholder or function whether internal or external.
- Adhere to business line mandates relevant to the role as directed by your manager
- This description is intended to outline the main responsibilities for the role and is not an exhaustive list, responsibilities may vary from time to time as directed by your manager.
Level of autonomy and authority
Autonomy to sell and market repo and money market products to financial institutions