GLBA is the Global Banking and Advisory division of SGCIB. It offers a global advisory approach focused on strategic dialogue with clients. GLBA offers clients the whole range of services offered by SG CIB and the Group, with a particular focus on investment banking and commercial banking activities. GLBA provides tailor-made solutions to corporate, financial institutions, the public sector and family offices.
As a VIE, you will support the ABP Traders, working on ABS and CLO market analysis, PnL monitoring, quantitative tools such as pricing models as well as conducting portfolio analysis and qualitative structural analysis.
Summary of the key purposes of the role:
-Your main role is to support ABP traders and interact with sales and engineers in their day to day activities.
Summary of responsabilities:
During your mission you will be in charge of these responsibilities :
- Work closely with trading, sales, engineering, client support, middle office, back office and risk to manage the current positions and sourcing new opportunities;
- Reporting of Market activity;
- Daily PnL analysis;
- Weekly and monthly reporting of the desk activity;
- Pricing and analysis of ABS/CLO deals;
- Helping on specific projects to improve internal tools for relative value analysis and risk management of the book.
PLEASE NOTE that since this program is primarily an international development program, candidates cannot apply to a VIE assignment in their own country of citizenship.
To facilitate the examination of your application by our English-speaking managers, we thank you for applying in English.
• Graduate with a Master degree from Business/Engineering School or University with a specialization in Finance
• A previous experience in structured finance / corporate finance / investment banking would be appreciated
• Strong quantitative and analytical skills, and ability to summarize key messages
• Reliability as well as being rigourous and quality-oriented
• Strong attention to detail
• Cooperation and team spirit
• Initiative and entrepreneurial skills
• Ability to work in a fast-moving environment
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Proficient/Good command of MS Office: Word, Excel (including VBA) and PowerPoint
• Fluent in English. Knowledge of foreign languages (French, Spanish, etc.) is a plus
The VIE assignment in a nutshell
This VIE in London (United Kingdom) is to begin as soon as possible but you need to plan 3 months between your application date and the beginning of your VIE assignment. It will last 12 months.
In case a visa is necessary, please make sure your passport is valid up to 6 months after the end of the VIE contract to not delay your departure.
The VIE is a specific contract, under Business France’s eligibility criteria, opened to candidates under 28 and from the member states of the European Economic Space. For further information (including your financial indemnities), please see Mon VIE-VIA Business France.
We would like to draw your attention to the fact there that your VIE mission could potentially get postponed, depending on the evolution of the health crisis and subjects to the decision made by the Crisis and Support Centre of the Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs (MEAE). In addition, the selected candidate will only be paid upon confirmation from Business France and arrival in the country of assignment.
Why join us
As soon as you arrive, you will be integrated into our teams and will learn every day alongside our experts, who will support you in your tasks. Gradually, you will become more independent in your projects, making this experience a real career accelerator. You will also discover all the diversity of our businesses, in a sector that is constantly evolving and innovating.
At the end of your VIE, various opportunities could be offered to you, in France and abroad.
At Societe Generale, we are convinced that people are drivers of change, and that the world of tomorrow will be shaped by all their initiatives, from the smallest to the most ambitious.
Whether you’re joining us for a period of months, years or your entire career, together we can have a positive impact on the future. Creating, daring, innovating and taking action are part of our DNA.
If you too want to be directly involved, grow in a stimulating and caring environment, feel useful on a daily basis and develop or strengthen your expertise, you will feel right at home with us!
You should know that our employees can dedicate several days per year to solidarity actions during their working hours, including sponsoring people struggling with their orientation or professional integration, participating in the financial education of young apprentices, and sharing their skills with charities. There are many ways to get involved.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.