VIE Debt Capital Markets Analyst
The VIE will be working for Debt Capital Markets within the GLBA department of SG CIB in Dubai. The Dubai GLBA department is comprised of four senior bankers focused on their own products for regional clients supported by three VIEs:
(i) Debt Capital Markets (i.e. bonds), (ii) Export and Infrastructure financing, (iii) Project Financing (Energy) and (iv) Shipping Finance.
The primary mission of the candidate will be to support the regional Debt Capital Markets business through:
- Assisting in the execution of live primary bond transactions across the Middle East, Turkey and Africa region
- Assisting in the origination of such bond offerings, by producing pitching materials and proposals that combine market analysis and expert recommendations
- Working on other presentations (e.g. awards submissions, internal strategy and client-mapping documents, etc…).
- Gathering market data and intelligence across customers/prospects (sovereigns, corporates and financial institutions).
- Liaising with SG’s global DCM teams, including the remainder of the CEEMEA DCM team based in Paris and London;
- Meeting customers or prospects on pitches and transactions.
PLEASE NOTE that since this program is primarily an international development program, candidates cannot apply to a VIE assignment in their own country of citizenship.
To facilitate the examination of your application by our English-speaking managers, we thank you for applying in English.
Your profile :
- Graduate with a Master degree from Business/Engineering School or University with a specialization in Finance
- A previous experience in intership or VIE in Debt Capital Markets
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Analytical skills and ability to summarize key messages
- Cooperation and team spirit
- Ability to estimate risk
- Being Pro-Active
- Reability and being quality oriented
- Proficient/Good command of MS Office
- Fluent in English, conversational in French
The VIE assignment in a nutshell
This VIE in Dubaï is to begin as soon as possible but you need to plan 3 months between your application date and the beginning of your VIE assignment. It will last 12 months and could be renewable for 12 other months for a total of 24 months.
In case a visa is necessary, please make sure your passport is valid up to 6 months after the end of the VIE contract to not delay your departure.
The VIE is a specific contract, under Business France’s eligibility criteria, opened to candidates under 28 and from the member states of the European Economic Space. For further information (including your financial indemnities), please see Mon VIE-VIA Business France.
We would like to draw your attention to the fact there that your VIE mission could potentially get postponed, depending on the evolution of the health crisis and subjects to the decision made by the Crisis and Support Centre of the Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs (MEAE). In addition, the selected candidate will only be paid upon confirmation from Business France and arrival in the country of assignment.
Why join us
As soon as you arrive, you will be integrated into our teams and will learn every day alongside our experts, who will support you in your tasks. Gradually, you will become more independent in your projects, making this experience a real career accelerator. You will also discover all the diversity of our businesses, in a sector that is constantly evolving and innovating.
At the end of your VIE, various opportunities could be offered to you, in France and abroad.
At Societe Generale, we are convinced that people are drivers of change, and that the world of tomorrow will be shaped by all their initiatives, from the smallest to the most ambitious.
Whether you’re joining us for a period of months, years or your entire career, together we can have a positive impact on the future. Creating, daring, innovating and taking action are part of our DNA.
If you too want to be directly involved, grow in a stimulating and caring environment, feel useful on a daily basis and develop or strengthen your expertise, you will feel right at home with us!
You should know that our employees can dedicate several days per year to solidarity actions during their working hours, including sponsoring people struggling with their orientation or professional integration, participating in the financial education of young apprentices, and sharing their skills with charities. There are many ways to get involved.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
- Reference: 230005X6
- Entity: SG CIB
- Starting date: 2023/07/01
- Publication date: 2023/03/02