Société Générale Securities Services (SGSS) is part of Global Banking & Investor Solutions (GBIS), a key pillar of Société Générale’s universal banking model.
SGSS is among the top ten global custodians, and the 2nd largest in Europe, employing over 4,000 staff in 28 locations.
SGSS has 4 divisions :
CAO – Support functions
CML – Coverage, Marketing and Liquidity Management
FSO – Fund Services Operations
SBO – Securities Banking Operations
The FSO Department has as one of its main missions the processing of operations of valuation, distribution, register management, middle-office activities and valued-added services (valuation of over-the-counter assets (OTC pricing), performance measurement and risk measurement).
It is structured around three operational businesses, one of those being Fund Valuation Services (FVS).
The FVS department in SGSS Ireland currently consists of 9 employees, including 1 manager and 5 supervisors.
The role will involve the calculation of Net Asset Value for a variety of complex funds amongst a variety of other tasks and projects in a dynamic and varied atmosphere. The ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial mind-set who is eager to gain broad exposure and experience away from functionalised fund accounting. Reporting directly to your account manager.
In charge of Net Asset Value (NAV) calculation for a variety of fund in an A-Z environment, including:
- Daily, weekly and monthly production of NAV ensuring completion of specified task per NAV checklists.
- Booking of trades received from Investment Managers
- Preparing cash and position reconciliations
- Verifying that corporate actions have been processed accurately
- Ensuring all prices are priced in line with procedures and fund valuation policies
- Timely identification and investigation of break items
- Escalation to fund accounting supervisor of any issues
- Ensuring client concerns/requests are addressed as soon as possible and within an agreed timetable
- Interacting with clients, ensuring a high level of service is provided at all times
- Involvement for year-end audits and ad-hoc projects
The VIE assignment in a nutshell
This VIE in Dublin is to begin as soon as possible but you need to plan 3 months between your application date and the beginning of your VIE assignment. It will last 18 months.
The VIE is a specific contract, under Business France’s eligibility criteria, opened to candidates under 28 and from the member states of the European Economic Space. For further information, please see www.civiweb.com.
- Good organisational, interpersonal and communication skills necessary.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good initiative required but also ability to recognize when escalation of issues needs to be taken.
- Strong financial product knowledge.
- Good IT skills, knowledge of SQL, VBA an advantage.
- French an advantage.
The ideal candidate will have to be highly independent on making an analysis on the NAV controls and to work with fund accounting supervisors closely on decision makings.
To facilitate the examination of your application by our English-speaking managers, we thank you for applying in English.
Why join us
As soon as you arrive, you will be integrated into our teams and will learn every day alongside our experts, who will support you in your tasks. Gradually, you will become more independent in your projects, making this experience a real career accelerator. You will also discover all the diversity of our businesses, in a sector that is constantly evolving and innovating.
At the end of your VIE, various opportunities could be offered to you, in France and abroad.
At Societe Generale, we are convinced that people are drivers of change, and that the world of tomorrow will be shaped by all their initiatives, from the smallest to the most ambitious.
Whether you’re joining us for a period of months, years or your entire career, together we can have a positive impact on the future. Creating, daring, innovating and taking action are part of our DNA.
If you too want to be directly involved, grow in a stimulating and caring environment, feel useful on a daily basis and develop or strengthen your expertise, you will feel right at home with us!
You should know that our employees can dedicate several days per year to solidarity actions during their working hours, including sponsoring people struggling with their orientation or professional integration, participating in the financial education of young apprentices, and sharing their skills with charities. There are many ways to get involved.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
- Reference: 230005KF
- Entity: Société Générale Securities Services
- Starting date: 2023/05/01
- Publication date: 2023/02/28