• You are graduated with a Master degree from Engineering or Business School or University with a specialisationin in Human Resources, Business, Languages or similar
• Fluency in the English language is mandatory, French language is an asset.
• Excellent written and spoken English is a must, proficiency in French is an asset.
• Client focussed with strong communication skills.
• Solutions driven and ability to work autonomously.
• Basic advisory skills and good ‘interpersonal relations’ skills.
• Process oriented, ability to challenge the status quo and simplify processes.
• Well organised with an eye for detail, strong sense of ethics with a focus on operational control.
• Good Microsoft Office skills, in particular Excel and PowerPoint, and reporting analytics.
• Have at least 1 year of international mobility experience.
• Some exposure to expatriate tax and employment law is an asset as the role requires an understanding of both. If not willingness to learn.
• Ability to work closely with the HRSSC teams based in India to achieve agreed service delivery.
• Ability to coordinate with and monitor suppliers’s and HRSSC’s performance .
• Ability to think outside the box to bring new ideas to the team.
• Good project management skills.
• Adaptable, able to work from the office or from home and culturally aware.
The VIE assignment in a nutshell
This VIE in Hong Kong is to begin as soon as possible but you need to plan 3 months between your application date and the beginning of your VIE assignment. It will last 24 months.
The VIE is a specific contract, under Business France’s eligibility criteria, opened to candidates under 28 and from the member states of the European Economic Area. For further information, please see www.civiweb.com.
To facilitate the examination of your application by our English-speaking managers, we thank you for applying in English.
We would like to attract your attention to the fact there that your VIE mission could potentially get postponed, depending on the evolution of the health crisis and subjects to the decision made by the Crisis and Support Centre of the Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs (MEAE). In addition, the selected candidate will only be paid upon confirmation from Business France and arrival in the country of assignment.
At Societe Generale, we are convinced that people are drivers of change, and that the world of tomorrow will be shaped by all their initiatives, from the smallest to the most ambitious.
Whether you’re joining us for a period of months, years or your entire career, together we can have a positive impact on the future. Creating, daring, innovating and taking action are part of our DNA.
If you too want to be directly involved, grow in a stimulating and caring environment, feel useful on a daily basis and develop or strengthen your expertise, you will feel right at home with us!
You should know that our employees can dedicate several days per year to solidarity actions during their working hours, including sponsoring people struggling with their orientation or professional integration, participating in the financial education of young apprentices, and sharing their skills with charities. There are many ways to get involved.
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
ASIA-PACIFIC (ASIA), as one of the Business Units of Societe Generale, operates in 12 locations across the Asia Pacific region, employing over 2,500 employees with the regional headquarter located in Hong Kong. Our activities here are centered on Societe Generale's Global Banking & Investor Solutions pole (GBIS), a major growth engine for the Group and a key pillar of Societe Generale's universal banking model. Our expertise in Asia Pacific ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Global Transaction Banking and specialised financial services like Equipment & Vendor Finance and Vehicle Leasing & Fleet Management. In addition, Societe Generale's Global Solution Centre (SGGSC) in Bangalore and Chennai offers customised business solutions to the Societe Generale Group globally including ASIA.
The International Mobility advisor is part of the Benefits and International Mobility team of Societe Generale in Hong Kong. The team is also responsible for employee taxation and employee shareholding. The team is currently staffed with 6 employees. The scope of the team is either Hong Kong or the Asia Pacific region or both, depending on the subject. The team is a reflection of Societe Generale in Asia Pacific: diverse and inclusive.
The role reports to the International Mobility and Benefits manager, Asia Pacific.