V.I.E. Project Manager in Transformation and Change Management
Societe Generale Securities Services (SGSS) Italy, based in Milan and Turin, is recognised among the leading players of the Italian securities services market for the quality and competitiveness of its post-trade solutions. With almost 600 staff and offices in Milan and Turin, it provides post-trading services for portfolio of securities held in Custody and Custodian Services to Italian funds. Its clients are institutional investors, asset managers and financial intermediaries.
In 2016, SGSS Italy was named “Depository Bank of the Year in Italy” by European Pensions magazine. In 2017, it was also recognised by Global Investor and Global Custodian for the excellence of its custody services.
The Securities Banking Operations Division is responsible for the processing of transactions related to Clearing and Settlement, Custody, Issuer services and Trustee supervision.
This department is also in charge of relations with sub-custodians (Network), relations with client banks (Retail) and the Employee Savings Department.
It is structured around five operational services (four value chains) to deliver quality services at market prices and to maintain a good level of competitiveness with regards to competitors, while taking into account regulatory constraints.
Under the supervision of the Head of TCM, the V.I.E. Project Manager in Transformation and Change Management will:
- Support the team TCM to deploy a methodology based on 5 main axes: performance dialogue, piloting activities and priorities, best practices, continuous improvement culture, people development;
- Elaborate and animate workshops related to change management and the need to work differently when required;
- Accompany managers and collaborators to become autonomous in the use of continuous improvement tools and for their perimeter;
- Identify main change management stakes and helps team to address them;
- Participate to team activities such as planning, tactical drilldown, process reengineering.
PLEASE NOTE that since this program is primarily an international development program, candidates cannot apply to a VIE assignment in their own country of citizenship.
To facilitate the examination of your application by our English-speaking managers, we thank you for applying in English.
The ideal candidate will have a :
- Post-Graduate Degree in Business;
- Prior knowledge of the financial services sector acquired through a former experience in a financial institution or at a consulting firm;
- Curious, humble, “no task is too small” mindset;
- Exceptional team player orientation and proven ability to work cross-functionally;
- Creative with critical thinking skills profile : pragmatic, strength in workshop facilitations, problem solving, issue-resolution, ability to work in a deadline-driven work environment, attention to detail and ability to multitask;
- Proven Microsoft Office knowledge (Excel, Powerpoint, Teams) and collaborative tools (Klaxoon);
- Strong level in Italian and English
The VIE assignment in a nutshell
This VIE in Italy is to begin as soon as possible but you need to plan 3 months between your application date and the beginning of your VIE assignment. It will last 12 months.
In case a visa is necessary, please make sure your passport is valid up to 6 months after the end of the VIE contract to not delay your departure.
The VIE is a specific contract, under Business France’s eligibility criteria, opened to candidates under 28 and from the member states of the European Economic Space. For further information (including your financial indemnities), please see Mon VIE-VIA Business France.
We would like to draw your attention to the fact there that your VIE mission could potentially get postponed, depending on the evolution of the health crisis and subjects to the decision made by the Crisis and Support Centre of the Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs (MEAE). In addition, the selected candidate will only be paid upon confirmation from Business France and arrival in the country of assignment.
Why join us
As soon as you arrive, you will be integrated into our teams and will learn every day alongside our experts, who will support you in your tasks. Gradually, you will become more independent in your projects, making this experience a real career accelerator. You will also discover all the diversity of our businesses, in a sector that is constantly evolving and innovating.
At the end of your VIE, various opportunities could be offered to you, in France and abroad.
At Societe Generale, we are convinced that people are drivers of change, and that the world of tomorrow will be shaped by all their initiatives, from the smallest to the most ambitious.
Whether you’re joining us for a period of months, years or your entire career, together we can have a positive impact on the future. Creating, daring, innovating and taking action are part of our DNA.
If you too want to be directly involved, grow in a stimulating and caring environment, feel useful on a daily basis and develop or strengthen your expertise, you will feel right at home with us!
You should know that our employees can dedicate several days per year to solidarity actions during their working hours, including sponsoring people struggling with their orientation or professional integration, participating in the financial education of young apprentices, and sharing their skills with charities. There are many ways to get involved.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.