The V.I.E will be part of the GTB/ PCM (Payments Cash Management) team in Madrid. GTB Spain, belongs to the Business Unit GTPS (Global Transaction & Payment Services), and is dedicated to developing the business with corporate clients seeking support with transactions (commercial and corporate transactions) and/or payments. It targets large Spanish Groups as well as local subsidiaries of multinational groups clients of the bank across the network.
The offered position is a new position within the GTB PCM unit in Madrid as Sales Support.
The person will report directly to the Head of GTB and will be mainly in charge of :
- Collaborating with PCM Sales and Client Service team members, assisting them in all their duties linked to the origination and execution of Payment and Liquidity Management activities. (Domestic and International payments, Cash Pooling structures, Electronic Banking Channels, Working Capital Facilities, Domestic Guarantees) for strategic clients as well as interacting with different stakeholders (Senior Bankers, Risk Management, Compliance, Back Offices).
- Working on clients Onboarding (KYC, Electronic Banking tools, etc)
- Maintaining management Information Database
- Compiling and analyzing data over time to forecast sales trends
- Preparing accurate reports using data from internal and external sources
This position requires:
- Abilities to work in an international environment (Support team in France, exchanges with other SG branches abroad);
- Strong interpersonal skills and “out of the box” thinking to interact and obtain information from different contacts and gain a complete understanding of the processes;
- Analytical skills to treat Management Information
PLEASE NOTE that since this program is primarily an international development program, candidates cannot apply to a VIE assignment in their own country of citizenship.
To facilitate the examination of your application by our English-speaking managers, we thank you for applying in English.
- Graduate with a Master degree in Finance & Law
- A previous experience in international Bank would be appreciated
- Data Analysis and legal knowledge are required
- Proficient in Microsoft pack Office: Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Fluent in English and Spanish
The VIE assignment in a nutshell
This VIE in Madrid is to begin as soon as possible but you need to plan 3 months between your application date and the beginning of your VIE assignment. It will last 12 months renewable 12.
The VIE is a specific contract, under Business France’s eligibility criteria, opened to candidates under 28 and from the member states of the European Economic Space. For further information (including your financial indemnities), please see Mon VIE-VIA Business France.
We would like to draw your attention to the fact there that your VIE mission could potentially get postponed, depending on the evolution of the health crisis and subjects to the decision made by the Crisis and Support Centre of the Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs (MEAE). In addition, the selected candidate will only be paid upon confirmation from Business France and arrival in the country of assignment.
Why join us
As soon as you arrive, you will be integrated into our teams and will learn every day alongside our experts, who will support you in your tasks. Gradually, you will become more independent in your projects, making this experience a real career accelerator. You will also discover all the diversity of our businesses, in a sector that is constantly evolving and innovating.
At the end of your VIE, various opportunities could be offered to you, in France and abroad.
At Societe Generale, we are convinced that people are drivers of change, and that the world of tomorrow will be shaped by all their initiatives, from the smallest to the most ambitious.
Whether you’re joining us for a period of months, years or your entire career, together we can have a positive impact on the future. Creating, daring, innovating and taking action are part of our DNA.
If you too want to be directly involved, grow in a stimulating and caring environment, feel useful on a daily basis and develop or strengthen your expertise, you will feel right at home with us!
You should know that our employees can dedicate several days per year to solidarity actions during their working hours, including sponsoring people struggling with their orientation or professional integration, participating in the financial education of young apprentices, and sharing their skills with charities. There are many ways to get involved.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
- Reference: 2300063H
- Entity: SG CIB
- Starting date: 2023/06/01
- Publication date: 2023/03/03