The Fixed Income & Currencies team is a part of the Global Markets division. The team services the real economy and aim to build together with our clients, a better and sustainable future through responsible and innovative hedging, financing and investments solutions across FX, rates and credit. The team in Australia is primarily focused on cash rates, flow and structured derivatives as well as credit in developed and emerging markets.
The VP or Director – Fixed Income Sales will be a critical member of the Australian team with a specific focus on Australian based super funds, asset managers, banks as well as hedge funds and fast money accounts based locally and globally.
They will be responsible for:
- Intensifying the push on digital offerings for FI on our single dealer and multi-dealer platforms ensuring expansion of client footprint, comprehensive user-mapping, price tiering and client profitability analytics.
- Identifying and pursuing business development opportunities with new and existing clients
- Maintaining complete alignment with trading desks to grow and protect trading P&L through diversifying the client base across the region, reinforcing our risk recycling capabilities and leveraging on a more content-driven and advisory approach.
- Advocating principles of cross selling with other sales in other product desks such as cross asset, equity derivatives and prime services sales.
- Developing close coordination with sales teams in Asia/London and NY to grow overall client profitability, especially with global accounts.
- Staying up-to-date on trends and developments in fixed income markets to inform sales strategies and investment recommendations
- Developing a market advisory approach with relative value analysis and trade idea generation in close interaction with the Trading and Research teams.
- Providing backup to others on the team with the ability to demonstrate a clear understanding of currency markets and the Societe Generale product offering.
- Maintaining strong connectivity with the market, understanding the needs of each client segment, knowing what competitors do in terms of products and relaying this information to management and other teams internally (sales, engineering, structuring, trading) to improve capabilities of the platform.
- Pre-trade coordination, trade confirmation and post trade coordination.
- Participating in training sessions, product presentations and visiting hubs to build effective relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Mathematics or Engineering
- At least 10 years of relevant financial markets experience in sales and trading
- Proven capabilities in building strong relationships with clients with existing relationships with Australian clients on the rates side
- Strong technical knowledge on Fixed Income and Currencies products, particularly IRS/XCCY/Credit/Repo/Govies
- Ability to build and maintain trusted client relationships in a lead role
- Commercial acumen and persistence in addressing clients’ needs
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills with the ability to manage stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to work in a team environment and with teams based in different geographical locations
- Proven ability to work in an evolving multicultural environment with people with diverse, international backgrounds
Societe Generale, one of Europe's leading financial services groups and a major player in the economy for over 150 years, supports 30 million clients every day with 133,000 staff in 61 countries. Our Group draws on our European roots to develop our activities internationally. Our unique geographic positioning enables us to connect Europe and Africa with major global financial centres in Asia and the Americas. The Group combines financial strength, proven expertise in innovation and a sustainable growth strategy with the objective of creating value for all our stakeholders. We seek to be a trusted partner in the projects of those building tomorrow's world today.
Societe Generale has been present in Australia since 1981. Located in Sydney, we currently provide financing and advisory, as well as global markets solutions. Leveraging the strength of our client coverage and leadership in structured finance including energy, metals & mining, infrastructure finance, together with product and service offerings such as advisory and structured financing, debt capital markets, asset-backed products, and commercial real estate finance, Societe Generale supports our Australian wholesale clients in their financing and advisory needs, and serve our global clients who wish to access the Australian market with global banking services. Societe Generale also provides global markets solutions by offering futures execution and clearing, equity derivatives sales and structured product distribution.
We are currently recruiting an experienced VP or Director to join our Fixed Income and Currencies sales team based in Sydney, Australia. This is an exciting opportunity within a fast-paced, results focused, global organisation that values diversity. The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in the build out of the Fixed Income and Currencies sales business in Australia. They will have the opportunity to build close relationships with the teams onshore and within the organisation more broadly on a regional and global basis.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.