TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The IS Auditor - VP of Audit is highly involved in all stages of the audit process. His primary responsibilities within the Internal Audit Department include but are not limited to the following:
Although there is minimal travel, candidates must have the ability to travel for periods of 1-3 weeks (typically) when required (USA, Canada, Brazil, and France).
The department uses a risk-based approach to Internal auditing, and does not rely on pre-defined check lists. Auditors operating at the senior level are expected to have a high degree of technical proficiency and personal skills to critically analyze complex topics in deep. Out-of-the-box thinking is encouraged.
All our positions are open to people with disabilities
The IS Auditor – VP of Audit must be able to work independently, meet budgets and deadlines, and be able to manage relationships with auditees and audit counterparts during all stages of the audit. Specifically, the candidate should demonstrate the following skills and competencies:
• Establishes goals, priorities, and realistic plans that maximize the use of resources
• Is a self-starter
• Has good project management skills (organization and time management)
• Demonstrates initiative, integrity, creativity, and a strong desire to learn
• Has strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Has sound verbal and written communication skills
• Attention to detail while maintaining cost/benefit of work performed
• Understands and addresses client needs; resolves client problems; monitors client satisfaction
• Is Service orientated with good interpersonal and negotiation skills
• Involves and collaborates with others; shares information; searches for win/win solutions; facilitates resolution of conflict
• Is a demonstrated team player
• Ability to effectively lead a discussion or meeting at high level.
Desired / Plus:
Desired / Plus:
Société Générale is a major European financial institution with a global presence, with over 148,000 employees working in 76 countries. Société Générale offers a wide variety of Consumer, Specialized Financial Services and Corporate & Investment Banking services. Within the Americas region, Société Générale has over 3,500 employees.
The Inspection and Audit Division (DCPE) represents the independent audit function within Société Générale (SG) Group.
The SG Americas Internal Audit Department (DCPE/AUD/GBI/AME) is a group of about 50 professionals, located in New York, Chicago and Sao Paulo. The Department is organized into several business line and information systems/technology (IS/IT) focused audit teams. The Americas IS/IT Audit team is a team of 10 auditors that focus on the review of information systems (primarily GBIS/ITEC) and technology services (primarily RESG/GTS) across the region.
The Americas Audit team is responsible for the audits of all SG business activities in the region, and their related support functions: