Competencies And Work Experience
In order for the Trading Business Manager to function optimally, the following skills are required:
• Solid understanding of financial products
• Solid understanding of financial markets in general and the Asian region including trading operations and regulations and the risk that trading in financial markets engenders
• Very good understanding of equity / equity derivatives as well as fixed income including in the context of algorithmic trading.
• Very good understanding of information technology (networks, client/server, cloud, open source software, agile development). Development experience in a production environment is considered an advantage.
• Solid experience in data analysis and the use of various tools to this end (Excel, Python, PowerBI, …)
• Good experience rendering complex technical subjects easier to understand for laymen
• Very good communication skills including presentation skills both in a group context as well as one-on-one.
• Very good at managing projects (short to long term) whilst in a production environment
• Very good at balancing short and long-term interests and prioritising work on an ongoing basis
Qualifications required or desirable
• Finance or Technical BSc (MSc preferred)
• Certificates in software development and/or data science are an advantage
• Trader Experience is an advantage
• Fluent English
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 133,000 employees based in 61 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
Our expertise in the Asia Pacific region ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Securities Services, Trade Finance and Cash Management Services. Leveraging on our formidable global footprint, we serve corporates, financial institutions and the public sector. With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong, we operate in 11 countries across Asia Pacific, employing over 6,600 employees. You can find us in Beijing, Seoul, Tokyo, Singapore, Mumbai, Sydney and other locations in the region.