- Currently studying towards a Bachelors or Masters degree in Accounting, Finance or similar
- Demonstrate the capacity to work in a team environment, on collective success
- Display responsibility and act ethically
- Display commitment, demonstrating consideration for others
- Fluent English is mandatory
This is a 2-3-month full-time internship with Societe Generale in Hong Kong whereby you will work within one business line / support function for the period. In order to apply for an internship opportunity with us, please ensure you are currently studying towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and that you are available for the 2-3-month period on a full-time basis.
Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Based on a universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth, putting its resources to work to finance the economy and its clients’ projects.
With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong – a core hub of the worldwide Societe Generale Group – we employ over 9,000 employees in the region. Our expertise here ranges from corporate and investment banking to asset management, securities services, global transaction banking and specialised financial services.
The team in Strategic Financial Steering function of the APAC Finance department, is a team of experts centralizing Scarce Resources (SCR) and Asset and Liability (ALM) subjects related to the balance sheet, leverage, Risk-Weighted Asset (RWA), liquidity and structural risks. Responsible for managing the SCR and ALM topics in the region, we face various partners in Head Office and in Asia. Our objective is to contribute to the region’s steering of scarce resources at both the business line and entity level, through the following means:
- Monitoring and analyzing the region’s balance sheet, leverage and (RWA) exposures, liquidity consumptions and structural risk sensitivities on the banking book
- Monitoring and analyzing the region's capital structure and capital investments in affiliates
- Instructing and driving projects to help monitor, analyze and optimize scarce resources usage
- Maintaining an expert-level understanding on Group policies / guidelines and regulatory norms relevant to SCR / ALM metrics and management and transposing them regionally
- Leveraging the local and regional Asset and Liability Committee (ALCO) as a platform to present, manage and steer the bank’s scarce resources