Experience & Technical Skills
- You are enrolled in or already achieved a Bachelor or Master degree in either Mathematics, business administration or some IT curriculum
- Basic knowledge in ETFs
- Basic knowledge in Finance and financial products will be of help
- Strong interest in trading related IT technology as you will be working with trading systems and related subsystems
- Basic knowledge in any coding language such as VBA, Python or C# will be of help
- SQL queries do not afraid you
- Fluency in german and english (spoken and written) is necessary to work in an international environment
Personal Skills & Competencies
- Excellent communication skills necessary to work with colleagues from different professional and cultural backgrounds
- Interest in learning more about products with complex structures and payoffs
- Good analytical skills
- Good organizational skills with a high level of attention to detail
- Articulate, friendly and approachable Team player
- Ability to work under pressure
Société Générale is one of the largest European financial services groups. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial solidity with a strategy of sustainable growth, and aims to be the reference for relationship banking, recognized on its markets, close to clients, chosen for the quality and commitment of its teams. More than 149,000 employees, based in 67 countries, accompany 31 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis.
We are looking for a Working Student for a period of 12 months, starting March 2020.
Take your chance and join our IT team at our SG Branch in Frankfurt!
Working Student (m/f/d) IT Trading Applications
(Frankfurt am Main)
You will join the IT Unit (GBSU/MKT/DLP), whose role is to provide IT services to its dedicated business unit allowing it to operate efficiently and continuously develop its activities in alignment with the business needs.
The IT Unit that maintains, develops core eTrading systems and supports the Global Markets trading desk for Listed Products (MARK/EQD/LPS).
The IT applications landscape you will mostly deal with contains mainly:
- the manufacturing process with e. g. a highly automated issuance process for in average 2.500 securitized certificates per day
- the ETF composition workflow for around 3.000 instruments including loading, processing, validation of data and fixing data issues
As a Working Student, you will support trading units in Frankfurt, Paris and Hong Kong. You will be responsible for support for all derivatives issue and trading related activities as well as instrument statics. You will be optimizing internal data processing standards.