DFIN/DTO (Digital & Transformation Office) is dedicated to the Finance Department (DFIN) to help define its vision and support its transformation. DFIN/DTO is in charge of Finance project portfolio and leads business transformation projects.
DFIN/DTO partners with IT departments in various systems projects for Finance by defining business requirements and oversees the implementation to improve operational efficiency and control environment.
DTO also leads both business and digital transformation initiatives for DFIN and plays a key role as a control tower supporting the senior management of the Finance department.
As part of a global team, DFIN/DTO in Americas (covering U.S., Canada, and Brazil) manages project portfolio with following competencies:
- Accounting, Financial & Regulatory Reporting
- Data Management (Data Quality Assessment and Remediation)
- Digital Transformation for Finance processes
- Business Development Support and Change Management
Some examples of projects/activities the DFIN/DTO in Americas is engaged are:
- Lead transformation initiatives for Finance department (both process enhancement and information systems projects) by providing preliminary studies in all fields – write business requirements and test cases.
- Partnering with IT department in information systems projects that impact the finance department – lead the functional design, benefits analysis, UAT, and change management. Monitor the project execution (project plan, issues resolution / escalation) and provide close support to Finance sponsors during the project life cycle.
- Work closely with global Finance project teams in the global transformation programs - new accounting rules (IFRS, French, or US GAAP) and/or regulatory reporting process.
- Conduct studies (strategic, tactical, assessment) as requested by DFIN senior management.
- Lead digital transformation – facilitate implementation of data analytics and BI tools
- Interact with Operations (Middle and Back Office) and Front Office to assess the impact of new business and implement the appropriate downstream processes (accounting, regulatory, liquidity, capital, etc.) where necessary. Provide impact analysis for Finance processes and lead the change management for the users within Finance department.
- Lead and participate data quality improvement initiative for Finance
- Support business development initiatives as an SME to represent the finance department and integrate new product and process for the finance department.
- Support regulatory projects (RWA, Liquidity) that impact the business process within Finance department and outside of Finance department. Draft business requirement document and assess process changes. Participate in full project life cycle such as testing and process / systems implementation.
Primary tasks as Business Analyst or Sr. Business Analyst within DFIN/DTO team include but are not limited to:
- As a first assignment, lead Finance data analytics initiatives to transform Finance process. Drive Alteryx, Power BI roll out to improve data analytics and process improvement.
- Represent DTO Americas in the global change initiatives related to Digital Transformation and act as DFIN central coordinator for the business process and organizational changes
- Lead and coordinate across DFIN in the regional or global projects such as, control process improvements, systems upgrade, and regulatory initiatives.
- Lead and contribute to Finance projects by working closely with departments within DFIN. Provide studies (gap analysis, due diligence, impact analysis) and business requirements; coordinate UAT and lead change management within Finance domain.