The trade volume between China and Africa keeps on increasing since the beginning of 2000s and China is, since 2009, the first commercial partner of Africa, ahead the United States and the European Union. Within this framework, Societe Generale has launched, in 2011, the China-Africa initiative aiming at reinforcing the role of the Group in Sino-African Affairs.
From 2014, Societe Generale has succeeded of setting up the "China Desks" in many African countries and looks forward to developing the setup in Africa. By joining this “China-Africa Graduate Program”, you will an insight view of the China-Africa Corridor, a deep knowledge of Societe Generale Group, as well as a “ground” experience in one of the proposed countries (24 months contract).
Objective: to develop/grow new corporate relationships with Chinese clients, and efficiently manage existing and prospective customers in line with Societe Generale’s commercial, risk & operational management practices with the objective of achieving customer satisfaction and bank’s profit targets.
Main Responsibilities / Tasks:
- Manage the portfolio of Chinese Corporate clients;
- Develop new quality corporate relationships;
- Quality credit growth & management for existing and new relationships;
- Deposits mobilization from existing and new relationships;
- Operations Management & Permanent supervision;
- Income generation (fees & interest income) and cost control;
- Personal organization and initiative for business growth;
- Cross sell products/services and develop and leverage synergies with SG Group for Chinese corporate;
- Local industry/Chinese sector/ market study.
Sales and Business Development
- Proactively grow net credit portfolio in line with agreed targets;
- Win new corporate business, supervise account opening and appropriate coding in banking tools;
- Proactively promote Societe Generale range of products/services to new and existing customers;
- Increase fee income from corporate customers through efficient negotiation & selling practices;
- Visit customers/prospects, preparing and circulating call reports;
- Quality service delivery and professionalism to achieve high business/client retention;
- Regular market analysis for strategy development and product and service positioning;
- Organize local marketing events to promote bank’s products/offers and the client relationship
- Prepare annual budget and actions plan to achieve targets;
- Prepare and submit Monthly Performance Report and Analysis on portfolio.
- Prepare financials & business analysis in line with standards/procedures, and submit credit memoranda through Risk/Credit Committee for approval;
- Manage proactively, post approval documentation to avoid delays and facilitate early drawing on approved limits (these will include, offer letters/facility agreements/pre-conditions/post-conditions etc.);
- Identify all operational problems associated with corporate customers’ and liaise with appropriate units/dept in the Bank for efficient and timely resolution and revert to customers.
- Ensure good credit quality through timely renewal, re-negotiation/recovery, restructuring of delinquent files or timely transfer to pre/recovery to avoid increased provisioning;
- Monitor market and account portfolio on a regular basis to ensure material adverse developments are identified and resolved in a timely manner;
- Internalize the bank’s processes and procedures on operational risks, BCP, KYC & AML and Permanent Supervision in your team and day to day activities (exceptions arising from these functional areas must be kept to a minimum and where they arise must be dealt with on time).
Personal Development and Teamwork
- To take steps to keep abreast with developments in the market through study and/or commercial/market monitoring; significant development to be shared with the team;
- Support and promote team work within your team and other functional areas; must be ready to provide cover for team members as and when required;
- Be passionate about the personal development of other team members using performance management and coaching techniques.
- Internal: Supervision team in Paris, SG China Coverage Team, Trade Department, Corporate Department, Branch Managers, Credit, Treasury, Risk, Legal, Marketing, SME, Structured Finance, etc.;
- External: Chinese Corporate clients, Chinese Embassies, Chinese Chambers of Commerce, Chinese Business Clubs, other Banks etc.