Societe Generale is a leading financial services group in Europe. The Group, which was founded in 1864, now has 146,000 employees from 122 different nationalities working in 66 countries around the world.
Societe Generale’s strategy is based on a diversified universal banking model, with three core business: -
- Retail Banking in France with the Societe Generale branch network, Crédit du Nord, and Boursorama
- International Retail banking, financial services and insurance
- Corporate and Investment Banking, private banking, asset management and securities services
Societe Generale is also a major player in Specialised Financing, Insurance, Private Banking, Global Investment Management & Services: Societe Generale Private Banking, Societe Generale Securities Services, Newedge (JV between Societe Generale and Crédit Agricole CIB) and Amundi (JV with Crédit Agricole SA), Societe Generale Insurance, Societe Generale Consumer Finance, Ald Automotive and Societe Generale Equipment Finance.
Frédéric Oudéa has been Chairman and CEO of Societe Generale since 2009. He is assisted by three Deputy CEOs: Séverin Cabannes, Jean-François Sammarcelli and Bernardo Sanchez-Incera.
In 2010, the Group launched an extensive corporate transformation programme called Ambition SG 2015, which aims to make Societe Generale "THE relationship-focused bank, a reference in its markets, chosen for the quality and commitment of its teams."
A 100% owned subsidiary of European banking and financial services major Societe Generale (SG), Societe Generale Global Solution Centre (SG GSC) came into existence in 2000. Established as an offshore development centre in Bangalore, also having a presence in Chennai, SG GSC has 15 years of sustainable delivery expertise to its credit, and develops global best practices to promote the strategic objectives of the Societe Generale Group.
Global Technology Services is one of the largest shared service centers for IT infrastructures ensuring the 24/7 quality and continuity of our infrastructures and their resilience to incidents, aligned with RESG/GTS norms & standards in the areas of: End User Support, Database & Systems Administration, Data Centre Services and Command Centre.
Department / Project Overview – GTS/PAS/DRE Team provides 24 * 7 production database support to all the MKT/GDI & Retail Banking customers across SG group. Project includes incidents, requests & changes management on all the Retail applications hosted on multiple technologies including Oracle, MSSQL, Informix, DB2, Teradata & Open Source RDBMS (PostgreSQL, MongoDB & MYSQL). The project is responsible for the complete life cycle management of databases including Migrations, Upgrades etc. Additionally the project supports all the maintenance operations, performance analysis & troubleshooting, patching & DRP exercises.
Role / Job Summary –Oracle DBA L3, SME with good knowledge on RMAN, Performance Tuning, Data Guard & RAC. PostgreSQL DBA support is an added advantage.
Years of Experience – 8 to 12 years
Qualification / Certification – Engineering graduate / MCA / Computer Science Graduate or PG. Any relevant RDBMS certification is an added advantage.
Key Responsibilities –
- Providing 24* 7 database support including incidents, requests & changes.
- Providing on-call database support during week-ends & out of business hours.
- Handling various projects delivery within database operations.
- Managements of various tools/scripts being used for databases.
- Managing Primary DBA roles for certain applications.
- Contribution towards automation of recurrent tasks.
- Installation and maintenance of database server (Primarily Oracle)
- Work closely with different development teams to understand database requirements and provide support
- Responsible for ensuring availability and performance of the databases that support the system
- Monitoring & responding the database systems incidents to ensure secure production services to business
- Responsible for improvement and maintenance of the databases to include rollout and upgrades
- Responsible for implementation and release of database changes, as submitted by the development team
- Support for Development environments Refresh of UAT/Staging/pre-prod environments
- Database troubleshooting and problem root cause analysis
- Experience in performance monitoring, reporting and tuning of Oracle databases
- Work with infrastructure team (co-ordinate with application support team) to ensure that the associated hardware resources are allocated to the database to ensure high availability and optimum performance