The Societe Generale group’s internal control is based on Permanent control (1st & 2nd Level) and Internal audit that are separate and independent from each other while being complementary.
Second Level Permanent Control is a transversal role covering Control Testing/Reviews for SG Investment Banking Business Lines which are linked to SG entities across geographical locations which includes Asia-Pacific, Europe and America. The individual will be part of the Second Level Permanent Team that independently review and challenge in the General Accounting Processes/their Status Quo under Finance Division.
As a Second level controller, your main objectives are the verification of the definition and the effective performance of first-level controls and the quantitative & qualitative review of their results. Also, review of the performance quality of controls and the correction of anomalies.
Also, assist the Second Level Head to plan the missions/projects/review of control & assistance of your core business. Prepare & present the results to the senior management.
Key Responsibilities / Deliverables:
The ideal candidate should have good knowledge of the Internal Control Framework / Review of Finance related processes:-
1. Check the quality and exhaustiveness of accounting controls all through the process of production from Front Office, to the Back Office and Accounting production,
2. Ability to perform control design & operational effectiveness testing
3. Review existing accounting, financial & operational controls and provide inputs on the risks mitigated and report anomalies in case they are not executed as per the defined procedure.
4. Anomalies identification and improvement
- coordinate with the in charge of level 2 mission and team manager to have a global view of findings from controls tested and contribution to the overall review rating.
- contribute to the identification of anomalies / improvement areas and need to closely follow-up on the actions from business for improvement areas.
1. Strong Knowledge of General Accounting, Closing & Reporting, Fixed Assets, Account Reconciliations and Financial Analysis.
2. GL account's review along with Monthly, Quarterly & Yearly balance sheet and P & L Fluctuation Analysis.
3. Ensures the suitability and effectiveness of internal controls in General Accounting process.
4. Performs and conducts reviews on analysis of balance sheet and other account reconciliations and supporting schedules, reports on discrepancies.
A qualified CA with 3 to 5 years of experience in Audit / Finance preferably under Banking & Financial Industry.
Desired Technical skills:
1. Challenging and analytical skills in order to be able to give an independent and relevant opinion on the control framework or the correct application of accounting standards.
2. Ability to perform a rigorous analysis of the Level 1 & 2 control framework.
3. Strong audit and accounting skills
4. Proficient with Microsoft Excel.
Behavioral & Other Skills:
1. Excellent communication and decision making skills to evaluate and provide recommendations.
2. Work in a team environment.
3. Good relationship building skills with ability to articulate & correlate aspects.