1. Strong Knowledge of General Accounting, Closing & Reporting, Fixed Assets, Account Reconciliations and Financial Analysis.
2. GL account's review along with Monthly, Quarterly & Yearly balance sheet and P & L Fluctuation Analysis.
3. Ensures the suitability and effectiveness of internal controls in General Accounting process.
4. Performs and conducts reviews on analysis of balance sheet and other account reconciliations and supporting schedules, reports on discrepancies.
Desired Technical skills
1. Challenging and analytical skills in order to be able to give an independent and relevant opinion on the control framework or the correct application of accounting standards.
2. Ability to perform a rigorous analysis of the Level 1 & 2 control framework.
3. Strong audit and accounting skills
4. Proficient with Microsoft Excel.
Behavioral & Other Skill
1. Excellent communication and decision making skills to evaluate and provide recommendations.
2. Work in a team environment.
3. Good relationship building skills with ability to articulate & correlate aspects.
“We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status”.
A 100% owned subsidiary of European banking and financial services major Societe Generale (SG), Societe Generale Global Solution Centre (SG GSC) came into existence in 2000. Established as an offshore development centre in Bangalore, also having a presence in Chennai, SG GSC has 15 years of sustainable delivery expertise to its credit, and develops global best practices to promote the strategic objectives of the Societe Generale Group.
SG GSC possesses in-depth understanding of the business processes and cutting-edge technologies across domains of Societe Generale’s diverse portfolio. We deliver best-in-class solutions to the Group’s entities in the realm of corporate and investment banking, retail banking, specialized financing and insurance, private banking, and global investment management and services.
We place the highest importance on our employees and provide extensive opportunities for career progression and development. SG GSC conforms to the group diversity principles, and has a multi-cultural staff representing seven nationalities, and speaking 20 languages. Women comprise 25% of our workforce.