- Hold a relevant Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar majors
- Have good knowledge on Unix and SQL
- Capable to understand and code with programming languages (e.g. Java, C#)
- Willing to learn, able to learn quickly
- Have good communication and interpersonal skills
- Have positive mindset and work as a team player
- Fluent in English is mandatory
This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
- Client - Sales and Marketing Strategy: I contribute to adapt our offer to our clients'/internal partners' needs
- Team Spirit - Synergies: I make cooperation with colleagues in and outside my team a priority
- Innovation - Thinking out of the box/Creativity: I propose new ideas and solutions
- Responsibility - Performance: I strive for high performance
- Commitment - Inspiration: I support the vision and the strategy
- Commitment - Care: I demonstrate consideration for others
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Based on a diversified and integrated banking model, the Group combines financial strength and proven expertise in innovation with a strategy of sustainable growth. Committed to the positive transformations of the world’s societies and economies, Societe Generale seeks to build together with its clients, a better and sustainable future through responsible and innovative financial solutions. Active in the real economy for over 150 years, with a solid position in Europe and connected to the rest of the world, Societe Generale has over 117,000 employees in 66 countries and supports 25 million individual clients, businesses and institutional investors worldwide (figures as of August 2023). We have a presence in 11 locations across Asia Pacific. With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong – a core hub of the worldwide Societe Generale Group – we employ around 2,300 employees in the region. In addition, Societe Generale's Global Solution Centre (SGGSC) in Bangalore and Chennai supports the Group in Asia Pacific and globally with customised business solutions.
The department covers the front to back lifecycle of Structured Product, including the requirements from the financial engineers, sales, traders and middle office.
As part of the Global Business Service Unit team, we work hand in hand with the software developers, project managers, and users to design, develop, and ensure the stability of global strategic solution for the Structured Product business line.
You must be creative, innovative, and able to propose better solutions whenever possible. This could be an ideal opportunity for you if you are open-minded and curious to help rationalize and maintain the existing systems, and if you are aware and curious about new technologies to share their benefits and explore them.