During the two-year program, intensive and comprehensive talent management approach will be adopted to develop your skills and professional expertise:
Strong emphasis is put on the value of direct education, with a structured curriculum throughout the two years designed to continuously develop your technical, inter-personal and presentation skills. This will come in the form of classroom training, in-house sharing sessions and e-learning modules.
This will include coaching, multi-source feedback, Mentor-mentee Scheme, buddy system, opportunities to interact with members of senior management and a range of valuable networking opportunities. You will have regular access to Human Resources Business Partners and business leaders for coaching and advice, while constructive feedback will enable you to measure your performance.
We believe that learning through doing is a vital step to develop your expertise. As such, through our program you will take on functional attachments (rotations) before moving into the long-term job placement that will the best correspond to your competencies and personality..
You will be part of the Global Markets group which brings together the Equities, Fixed Income & Currencies capabilities with the objective of providing investors with one integrated multi-asset market solutions team.
You will take on three eight-month rotations amongst the following teams.
For your first rotation, you will join one of the following transversal functions:
• Global Markets Marketing
• COO Group
• Global Research
Depending on your profile, you will follow either a Sales Stream OR a Trading Stream for the second and third rotations.
For the Sales Stream, the second and third rotations will be:
• As a Sales Assistant, you will service different types of clientele (Hedge Funds, Corporates, China Desk) or asset classes (Fixed Income, Credit, FX, Cash Equity, Equity Derivatives, Commodities).
• As a Strategist Assistant, you will contribute to the creation of trade ideas through the production of customized graphs, back-testing and marketing documents.
For the Trading Stream, the second and third rotations will be:
• As a Trading Assistant, you will support the desks covering Flow Products, Exotic Products or Prime Brokerage activities within any of the asset classes covered by our Hong Kong teams (Fixed Income, Credit, FX, Listed and OTC Equities).
• As a Pricing Engineer Assistant, you will price simple structured products for our distribution clientele (Private Banks and HNW retails), enhance existing tools to analyze product suitability and develop bespoke pricing tools in Python and VBA.
Coverage and Investment Banking division offers a global coverage approach focused on strategic dialogue with clients. Building on long-term relationships based on trust, CORI promotes to clients the whole range of services offered by SG CIB and the Group, with a particular focus on investment banking and commercial banking activities. Building on a comprehensive coverage set-up and investment banking platform, the teams collaborate in a complementary manner to accompany their clients with the utmost expertise.
Global Finance provides our issuer clients (corporates, financial institutions, public sector) with capital raising solutions, along with structured financing and commodities, forex and interest rate hedging. Developing tailor-made products and providing strategic advice (capital structure advisory, financing schemes and capital markets) based on our worldwide expertise and in-depth sectorial knowledge, we aim to meet their financing needs. We are a top player across euro debt capital markets and won many international accolades over the years as a worldwide leader in export, project and natural resources & energy finance.
You will take on two twelve-month rotations amongst the following teams:
• Financial Institutions Client Coverage
• Client Relationship Management
• Corporate Finance
• Client & Credit Group
• Export Finance
• Natural Resources and Infrastructure
• Advisory and Financing Group
• Debt Capital Markets
Final year students or recent graduates of Bachelor or Master degree from any disciplines with excellent academic results and the following qualities:
• Strong leadership potential and interpersonal skills
• Good commercial acumen
• Superior analytical, critical-thinking and communications skills
• Self-motivated, mature, and possessing a strong drive for excellence
• Open to different ideas and cultures and enjoy being part of a team
• Ability to solve problems and propose new ideas
• Excellent command of English