What questions to ask in a recruitment interview?
2. Questions about the company and the sector
These questions will give you insights into the company’s future challenges, culture and working environment.
- What are the main specificities of the company’s culture?
- What is competitive advantage of the targeted company over other companies in the sector?
- What are the company’s current main objectives and how does my team contribute to them?
3. Questions about the organisation and the team
A job interview should assure the recruiter that you are ready to collaborate with other employees, and that you will be able to integrate well into the team.
- How is the working atmosphere? More collaborative or autonomous?
- Who will be my manager, and what are their responsibilities? What is their seniority?
- Can you give an overview of your remote working policy?
- How will my work be evaluated?
4. Questions on training and career progression
What are your long-term career goals? Each potential role is part of your broad career trajectory, so it’s one of the most relevant topics to talk about.
- What is the training system after on-boarding?
- What is the general training policy?
- What are the opportunities for career progression?
- What kind of mentoring system have you put in place?