- So you're an auditor? Well, this time, I'll be the one auditing you.
Element of surprise, got it.
Hey Caroline, lunch together tomorrow, face-to-face?
OK, I've got everything I can start the interviews! Well, the examinations...
Oh, oh! We're being serious here.
- Come in.
- Can I call you by your first name?
- All right, let's do this!
- How are you doing Pierre?
- Fine, what about you Marie?
- I'm sorry, I have a lot of assignments right now, it just doesn't seem to stop.
- Hello Caroline!
- Hello Marie!
- You know I'm here to conduct an audit?
I mean, we do the same job.
- All right.
- Can't you tell? Don't you have sheets or things like that? Yes, you do!
- I do!
- Oh, you scared me there!
- Can I call you Lulu?
- What is your job?
- It's very simple. In a word, it's risk assessment.
There are two main methods, which are very operational. And processes.
- I'm sorry, it's a bit technical. Do you have children?
- Speak to me like you would to your daughter.
- With a few more years then.
- Yes, two or three years.
- Otherwise, you won't understand a thing.
- How old is she?
- She's two.
- That's what I said, two or three years old.
- In fact, we are really trying to see everything that might go wrong in all banking businesses.
- In my case, it can be very operational, in a banking agency, or more cross-functional, on specific themes.
- Cross-functional? What's...?
- Yes, for example property loans, that involves all of France, that's cross-functional.
- You have just learnt a word too, don't act like you know everything!
- As auditors, we provide transparency, Ethics and we really provide safety for our clients.
- So you're damned good at analysing things?
- That's what they say.
- What do you think of my cap?
- OK, great.
- I'm an auditor because I'm curious. We do four inspections a year and it allows me to discover many and varied subjects, and to deepen my knowledge of each of them.
- It's really nice with the suit!
- So it's...
- You should dress like that for your inspections!
- I audit information systems.
- So you're like a data analyst?
- Yes, I am working on subjects like data storage and backup.
- First of all, what are the skills?
- The skills.
- And qualities.
- And the qualities?
- Or the qualities of the skills.
- A good listening ability.
- Ah, good listening ability.
- So, what do you think?
You're gonna have to make up for it, Pierre.
So you're a junior auditor?
- Yes. I started in January.
This company really suits me, the team is young, dynamic and I get to see a lot of assignments.
Since I've been here, I feel like I've really improved my skills, and I want to carry on.
- A good listening ability.
- Good analysis skills, good synthesis and adaptability skills, everything changes constantly, whether it's the subject or the team.
- What do you do if I move this plant around like that?
- I adapt.
- In our audit teams we have people coming from all the centres.
So we're going to work with the New York audit team, but also that of Bangalore.
- Bless you!
- Bangalore is a town.
- No, I know, it was just... I know it's a... A town.
- I know.
So you really have a long-term view, a broad horizon, all that.
- That's right.
- By the way, speaking of view, what is your...?
- I wear glasses for work, but I don't have them right now.
- You've just made a joke to me right now?
- I just made a joke, yes.
- You've pinched my joke!
Or you read my mind!
- We do our inspections locally.
- In the local language.
- In English.
- I don't speak all languages.
- You can't speak Bangalorean?
- It is a language!
- Are you auditing me right now?
- Reverse auditing.
- You know I was going to say that you needed to visit the website to get information about being an auditor?
- It's an auditor's job to know everything.
- I'm...that's good, that's really very good.
Come on, I'll buy you a coffee.
- You know what? I'll give it to you.
- Thank you, that's so nice of you.
- You knew I was gonna give it to you?
- The cap?
- I hoped so, but I wasn't sure.
After a few years as an Internal Auditor, you can progress within the Audit department or another sector: